Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Customer facing roles at work.
  • mossmaned
    Free Member

Hi

Does anyone work in a customer facing role? Do you find that your customers do your head in? Usually with a string of meaningless requests? I am in such a role and thought this may be a way to let of steam. Complaints only please…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Work in a what facing what? I dont understand what youre asking sir!

mossmaned
    Free Member

I mean dealing directly with customers or clients. i.e. retail or first line support of some sort.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Oh right – course I do, and yes, people can be pains in the arse at times – why should that be any sort of a surprise?

mossmaned
    Free Member

Not at all -I just wanted to hear others experiences.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Sorry if I came across a bit arsey there moss…

ski
    Free Member

Used too

Some of my worst complaining customers ever, became my most loyal customers in the end 😉

Used to find it a challenge to try and bring them round, some though were totally nuts though.

Like a client who claimed to be an ex Iranian fighter pilot who used to deal with me with a wine box on his shoulder while we discussed orders!

Fking nuts, but also at the same time loaded and a good paying customer 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some people I just want to strangle all the time……

I hate it when people talk over the top of you or don't listen. You should see some of the eejits I have to deal with (Quarry, building industry) sometimes…….

mossmaned
    Free Member

Sorry if I came across a bit arsey there moss…

No worries -i didn't think you were being arsey at all.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

my last role was customer interface for a large customer. They only bitch if you're not performing to their expectations. Unfortunatley many customers don't really know what their expectations should be. When i started to dig into some of the root causes of the problems, a large majority of them were caused by the customer.

I'm now managing a supplier (ie I'm now the customer :twisted:)

mossmaned
    Free Member

Whilst I was out on a date last night a customer bumped into me and started moaning about a job I hadn't done for him -I couldn't beleive it. Hence this thread. Moan during 9-5 please!

sangobegger
    Free Member

I work for Tesco and the VAST majority of folk are fine – however there is one type of customer and we shall pigeonhole him.He is male(obviously),well educated,superior,smart,funny – and – well,once he hit his mid 50's a total arse!.Only a small proportion of blokes are like this but they seem to be at their worst with young lassies on checkouts – who by the way are probably going onto illustrious universitie careers themselves.So lighten up Mr crisis man,cos I'm scared I might turn into you whan I get to 55!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Customer facing roles at work.’ is closed to new replies.