Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • custom motorbike thread….
  • iDave
    Free Member

Sod the ‘copters and planes, what custom motorbike makes you squeal?

I yearn for either of these from Deus ex Machina, but especially the street tracker

amplebrew

This is one of my fav’s, but mostly as it’s got a V5 Moto GP engine 8)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

The Mac Motorcycles Pea Shooter….

If only they ever got everything together to build them 🙁 The Buell engine that it was designed around became no longer available and the plan seems to have stalled.

Pah.

epicyclo

Either of those first 2 would do me 🙂

vinnyeh

Custom streetlegal XR replicas, Buell engined. USD26k a throw. I love flat trackers.

ton

the one in the 1st pic please……………..with a number 8 rather than a 9…….awesome 8)

Woody
    Free Member

Ive always fancied a Triton and like this one a lot – the Chanel logos are because it was (rather surprisingly) designed by Karl Lagerfeld……. !

birky
    Free Member

taka
    Free Member

on the more practical side…

amplebrew

birky – Member

Following on from yours 8)

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ace thread thanks

Aristotle
    Free Member

Pauly

Best thread in ages. First and last bikes are ace.

*edit* meant amplebrews pic above

iDave
    Free Member

I witnessed a custom bike in Rodney Aguiar’s California workshop with an RX7 rotary engine and straight pipes. Called Revelation, it sounded like a **** hoard of marauding devils. Not neighbour friendly if you had an early commute.

and behold, by the power of google…..

another one of his…..

cozz
    Free Member

well this one is mine and I love it, although Its just having engine rebuild cos I blew the crank !

yunki
    Free Member

nothing too showy.. nice simple oldschool Yam chop..

For nostalgic reasons really.. my brothers godfather had one very similar in ’84 when I was young and impressionable..

yodagoat
    Free Member

Those are some sweet bikes.

Northwind

I love this thing…

“You know what’d be a good idea?”
    “What?”
    “A goldwing cafe racer”

bedmaker

I love the style and details of Shinya Kimura’s bikes. Probably my favourite, Excelsior.

Its even got a jones fat front fork 🙂

That one at the top of the thread is a cracker too.

iDave
    Free Member
    masterofinsanity
    Free Member

couple of my faves

Munch mammut 2000 (260 bhp (191 kW) @ 5,650 rpm)

dunno why but i like this…

but you just can’t beat building your own 😈

Northwind

“but you just can’t beat building your own”

I’m familiar with streetfighters that lack a pillion seat but I never quite understood why some dispense with anywhere for the rider to go :mrgreen:

backhander
    Free Member

Loving that street tracker iDave.
    I’ve seen some rumours on pricing 😯

bassspine
    Free Member
    martinxyz
    Free Member

thats nice, once the badge is removed.

yodagoat
    Free Member

I’ve always fancied making a chopper/bobber hardtail with a KH500 engine. Or a flat tracker thingy.

yodagoat
    Free Member

have a look at this on my blog http://yodagoat.blogspot.com/2010/09/1919-douglas.html
    Not a custom but cool all the same.

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

Yum… 80’s jap hooligan metal.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Could people stop calling them ‘buell engines’? The engines are the one bit that buell didnt build. Cozz – been there, done that, far too many times. I’ll have a root in the garage later, I may still have some carbon bits (air filter cover, belly pan) that would fit your bike. If I have, you can have em for nowt.

bedmaker

where my pic go?
    Try again

cozz
    Free Member

yeah, you are right its a Harley engine, but made to go faster – thasts why they blow up from time to time !!

pretty much the same as in harley sportster 1200 that puts out 65 bhp, buell S1 standard is about 91 bhp and mine is 107 bhp, so its working pretty hard !

Let me know what you’ve got kicking around once you have a rummage mate, thanks

epicsteve
    Free Member

That street tracker in the first pic on the thread is stunning. Most of the rest do nothing for me although the Katana (which looks to be a standard bike) is lovely.

epicsteve
    Free Member

yeah, you are right its a Harley engine, but made to go faster

Probably more correct to say it’s “made to go less slow”…

I’d love a go on a Buell but everyone I know who’s had one has had massive reliability problems as have the long-termers in the magazines.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’ve had a harley streetbob for about four years now, it’s more than fast enough for me (and so it should be with a 1600 engine), but other than the obligatory loud pipes, I’ve left it as standard. Harley engines (as any buell owner will testify) are best left in a soft state of tune. I loved my buell to bits when I owned it, but the reliability issues were endless. Fantastic when it worked though!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

cozz – bad news I’m afraid. The wife’s had a ‘bit of a tidy round’ in the garage. Just hope the bin men appreciated how light the ‘rubbish’ was 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

see the bars on that spanking gorgeous street tracker at the top of the page…. they’re exactly the bars I need on my rigid 456..

can-uk
    Free Member

I really, really, really like these

http://flatracer.com/#/photo-gallery/4526458183

RustySpanner

Current faves-

One of Carpy’s CB750’s:

Wrenchmonkees CB750:

Roger Goldammer’s ‘Nortorious’:

Great thread 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘custom motorbike thread….’ is closed to new replies.