Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Custard Creams : How many is too many?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I tend to eat 4 or 5 with my morning brew. Any more and I loathe myself (for a bit).

What are your morning biscuit habits?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

that’s a lot of packs…

wwaswas

biscuits?!?!?!

Fruit cake is the *only* choice for food accompaniment to my morning pint of tea.

I do try and eat no more than a quarter of a 6″ cake on any given day, though.

fasthaggis

Stack em high

clubber
    Free Member

The answer is whatever number it takes for you to start looking like a custard creme. Any less than that is fine.

On a related subject, anyone who eats Jaffa Cakes in anything less than the correct unit of ‘a packet’ (Which IMO should be the 15 sized ones, not the 12s but I’ll let that slide) is viewed with deep suspicion by me. 😉

sandwicheater

Exercised? If so, you may consume packet on condition you push yourself that little bit harder on your next ride.

Not exercised? If so, you may consume the packet on the condition you push yourself a great deal harder on your next ride.

tops5
    Free Member

I did a full pack of party rings yesterday – oh the guilt!

Houns

How many is too many?

You’ve got too many biscuits if you finish your pint of tea with biscuits left

grum
    Free Member

More is more. People say less is more, but they’re wrong. More is more.

Though I prefer bourbons. Mmmmm bourbons…..

thepurist

One should be enough

mt
    Free Member

Grum is right on Bourbons.

Yak

What are your morning biscuit habits?

biscuits? pah.

Just had an apple and pork scotch egg with my morning coffee.

(might need some fig roll chasers though…..)

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve just had 4 plus 2 bourbons. This “biscuit culture” in my new job is nice but I can see myself putting on weight if I dont learn to resist the temptation. Especially when people start bringing in mince pies and pastries instead of biscuits!

miketually
    Free Member

Biscuits should be eaten in even numbers, especially ones that come in packs arranged side-by-side like custard creams, so I usually have 6.

Currently on mince pies rather than biscuits and having three a day.

JEngledow
    Free Member

This reminds me of a ditty a mate of mine sung after he’d had a few pints:

Ra Ra Biscuit tin,

Open up and look within,

All the ladies love a Bourbon cream!!

z1ppy

I’m still looking for a really good custard cream – it’s a mission, far too many are just nasty. The best I’ve found so far are the Aldi mutipack because they have different flavours (so disguise any nastiness by changing overall flavour).. std, digestive, strawberry, orange & coconut.
    They come in little packs of 6 within the outer packaging… can be just enough… or not..

miketually
    Free Member

The best I’ve found so far are the Aldi mutipack because they have different flavours (so disguise any nastiness by changing overall flavour).. std, digestive, strawberry, orange & coconut.
    They come in little packs of 6 within the outer packaging… can be just enough… or not..

I am susprised at how nice the digestive ones are.

project
    Free Member

during the 90,s we had a workshop in a row of workshops the guy next door would invite himself in every other day for our custard creams, he was so upset if there wernt any in the tin, and for 2 years he never bought any in either, just ate ours.

_tom_
    Free Member

M&S ones are good. As are nice biscuit custard creams actually.

z1ppy

damn damn damn, was in M&S food yesterday!! Was looking for honey roasted cashew nuts with dark chocolate pieces (lush)… was told after there actually a Tesco’s thing

stilltortoise
    Free Member

In my student days Custard Creams were the biscuit of choice due to being able to get a pack for 20p or so. It was not unknown for me to get through that entire pack with a pot of tea in one sitting.

thepurist

I’ve got a packet of these in the cupboard downstairs – I’ve managed to resist them for a week so far, but my resolve is weakening.

unovolo
    Free Member

I think the N+1 formula could be applied to biscuit eating too.

tomaso
    Free Member

I can’t biscuit as once I start I can not stop. So I don’t biscuit in the morning or afternoon.

My mum once said “why would you get fat for a custard cream, make it something worthwhile” and I have to agree that there are better things to waste calories on.

Vern0n
    Free Member

bourbons all the way. portion size is the exact amount you can eat with a mug of tea.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Harry – I need to correct your pronuciation – cooSTAD creEms

<geordie stylee) 😉

toppers3933
    Free Member

I sometimes worry about myself because I don’t like custard creams, bourbons or hobnobs. When I mention this to people they look at me like I should be on some king of ‘register’.

mrchrispy

I will see your custard creams and raise you caramel Stroopwafels
    nom nom nom nom nom

maxtorque

Simple biscuit consumption check list:

QUESTION: HAVE YOU JUST BEEN PHYSICALLY SICK?

ANSWER:

YES: STOP EATING BISCUITS, YOU’VE HAD ENOUGH!

NO: KEEP GOING UNTIL EITHER A) YOU HAVE NO MORE BISCUITS OR B) YOU ANSWER YES TO ORIGINAL QUESTION!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

It has to be the whole pack in one sitting

graemep
    Free Member

Depends how big the pack is though!

I bought pack of Morrisons own at lunch (contains 37), I’ll start eating them now until I’m sick – then we’ll know how many is too many.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

A packet of choccy hobnobs lasts about 12 minutes if I’m being careful.

Then I’ll have dinner.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I think three is acceptable, four is too many.

I usually have about eight.

chvck
    Free Member

One is too many for the reason of

I can’t biscuit as once I start I can not stop

thepurist

How’s the chunderometer going graemep?

_tom_
    Free Member

Stroopwafels are far too addictive, I’m convinced the main ingredient is crack. Bit moreish.

graemep
    Free Member

thepurist – Member
    How’s the chunderometer going graemep?

Chunderometer says “23” – some came out my nose too 🙁

thepurist

Chunderometer says “23” – some came out my nose too

graemep
    Free Member

I think it was the accompanying three cups of tea that pushed me over the edge – not dunking a custard cream is illegal though.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Custard Creams : How many is too many?’ is closed to new replies.