• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Curzon Home Cinema – PSA & Tech question re. playback on AppleTV
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t know if anyone has heard of Curzon Home Cinema, but it’s a watch-as-they-are-on-general-release on demand film service (PPV) – but for more indie type releases – Londoners will be familiar with the typical Curzon offerings. So, if anyone fancies a bit of chinstroking, indie, foreign-language type stuff, and, like me, doesn’t get out much 😐 this might be the thing for you.

Thing is, playback platforms are kinda limited at the moment, there are a few smart TV apps, it’s on Freeview Freesat boxes, BT boxes, but not Chromecast, XBox or PS4 yet. (They say they’re exploring other options with tech providers, so I suppose if it takes off, there will be more ways to watch.)

On the tech front, I’ve been meaning to pick up an AppleTV box for a while, and it can be played back on this, but is not supported. Any idea how “poor” the video playback would be, as mentioned in their support section, and quoted below?

Apple TV’s AirPlay function

Streaming films on Curzon Home Cinema via Apple TV is not officially supported and if you wish to do so, please note you might experience poor video playback.

However, streaming trailers via Apple TV is fully supported.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Curzon Home Cinema – PSA & Tech question re. playback on AppleTV’ is closed to new replies.