Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Curry, SW Leeds. Where's good?
  • thepurist

I’m staying near Morley so anyone got any top recommendations near there?

Thanks in advance.

nealglover
    Free Member

Amaans in Morley is good. Down the road from the back car park exit from Morrisons near the town centre.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Do have a car? If so, city centre, Burley Road and a place called Corner Cafe. Finest curry in the city.

nealglover
    Free Member

He’s not wrong about The Corner Cafe.
    Very nice indeed.

bearnecessities

Prashad, Drighlington so very close to Morley.

Vegetarian mind you, but as a carnivore, I can highly recommend and very reasonable.

EDIT: No1 restaurant on Tripadvisor in Bradford up until a few months ago but now it’s moved to Drighlinton it’s rated No1 of 3 in Drighlington, which seems harsh!

Crag
    Free Member

And if meat is your thing, then just up the road from Drig towards Tong to Nawaabs.

Yet to have a good one in Amaans.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Sharma at Heckmondwike is fantastic. I’ve heard good things about Dela Masala in Morley but not tried it yet.

thepurist

Thanks all, looks like we won’t struggle to get fed.

thepurist

Well we ended up in Amaans, mainly because it was within walking distance of where we were staying. It was OK but not outstanding, apart from the naans. You could’ve warned me!

edlong
    Free Member

Amaans, to be fair, WAS very, very good, but they seem to have let their standards slip over the last few years. And they do proper enormous naan breads if that’s your thing. The Chicken Achari’s not bad and the prawn Jaipuri is nice if you don’t want anything too spicy

Elamis (might have got the name a bit wrong) in Gildersome (couple of miles from Morley) is good, if a bit gimmicky (fantastic if you want Ostrich curry though). Can’t recommend specifics, because I’ve never been in sober so I’ve no idea what I’ve had.

Desi Masala in the middle of Morley is a hit with some, but I’ve not been so can’t give a personal perspective either way.

EDIT: Oops, only just noticed the age of the thread. Ah well, there’s some thoughts for next time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Curry, SW Leeds. Where's good?’ is closed to new replies.