• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Curry house- Halifax?
  • hora
    Free Member

A proper curry house? Any recommendations for post-cinema eating?

I’m alittle scarred after the last place I went to (Bradford Road/Huddersfield) that had rave tripadvisor reviews but was definitely ‘English curries 🙁

ElShalimo

Tamanna’s on A629 just south of J24
    I know it’s t’other side of M62 but it’s very good and on might be on your way home

woody2000

Sweet centre – Halifax branch of the “famous” sweet centre on Lumb Lane in Bfd.

250 King Cross Road, Halifax, HX1 3JP

Or Cinammon Lounge in Rishworth – could go on your way back to the 62 (sort of!)

Home

hora
    Free Member

We went there last time (I think you recommended it too!) – will go there if nothing Halifax side but Tamanna’s is next to Outlane so in the right area too 🙂

andybrad

which one on bradford road?

i go to mumbai spice a bit but they are very mild currys

Carbone
    Free Member

Syhiba in Sowerby Bridge , god I’m hungry

hora
    Free Member

Thats the one; Mumbai Spice. I love my Keema but it was like a reddish mush. Not much flavour to it either. We both came away thinking ‘nice place/service’ but what was that?! The Aloo Ghobi was the same.

woody2000

Time to get off that diet Rich 🙂

ElShalimo

Or if you want Thai food:
    Tum Nuk Thai on Clare Road is good (parking around the back)
    Cafe Thai in West Vale/Greetland is supposed to be good too

hora
    Free Member

I’m hit and miss with Thai food. Most of it strikes me as Chinese people trying to pass off as thai. Great place IN China Town Manchester though ironically that IS Thai people.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187069-d2280257-Reviews-Phetpailin-Manchester_Greater_Manchester_England.html

woody2000

Thaistyle in Halifax is also good – close to the Vue if that’s where you’re going?

Home

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hora, the correct answer is the Kamran in the centre of town. We get our takeaways from there – top notch grub. Loads of special dishes etc.

hora
    Free Member

Vue? Yes watching Birdman

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Curry house- Halifax?’ is closed to new replies.