Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Current poll on the front page…
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Flippin’ heck it’s dangerous out there!

So, in true Daily Wail style sensationalist scare mongering from an unverified (it’s just us peeps voting, and who’d trust us?!!!!)source…

Whenever I go for a ride, there’s a 50/50 chance of ending up in A&E with broken bones or dislocations and a 1 in 10 chance of a free ride in a helicopter!

Also, including commuting, I generally have 11 seperate rides a week, so, chances are I’ll be dead by 25th April 😯

druidh
    Free Member

There’s a front page?

awh
    Free Member

Good misuse of statistics mixing up ALL rides with EACH ride. I’m reporting you to Tim Harford and Ben Goldacre! 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Good misuse of statistics mixing up ALL rides with EACH ride

Covered by the

Daily Wail style sensationalist scare mongering

qualifier 8)

alpin
    Free Member

why haven’t they the option of “rider needed medical treatment(read re-constructive surgery) after not looking where they were going and rides into a rock wall and then hits the deck face first ripping open the side of his face to expose his cheek bone and completely removing his top lip”?

had one guy not notice that his collar bone was broken after a fall. i didn’t see the fall (over a crash barrier!) but only noticed that one shoulder was higher than the other when he was giving me his hire bike back. he’d rode ~15km like it!

thank my lucky stars that i’ve not had a concussion

bigyinn
    Free Member

7 Fatalities???

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

7 Fatalities???

Not sure I believe that, to be honest. I really, really don’t want to, anyway!

MSP

How could they have omitted nettle stings, they have got to rate as a more serious injury than mere death!

wwaswas

or one ride with 8 people on it where there was 1 fatality but they’ve all voted?

druidh
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    or one ride with 8 people on it where there was 1 fatality but they’ve all voted?

That was my immediate reaction

headfirst
    Free Member

druidh – Member

wwaswas – Member
    That was my immediate reaction

What, to vote rather than try and save your friend?

Heartless b*stard.

cookeaa

The poll is skewed against solo riders, what if I have a fatality on my next solo ride?

How can add that to these “statistics”?

dawson

They should add ‘Paper cut from parking ticket when at trail centre’ 😉

wwaswas

cookeaa – perhaps have a pre-emptive vote, just in case?

MrOvershoot

MSP – Member
    How could they have omitted nettle stings, they have got to rate as a more serious injury than mere death!

Nettle stings are great I know I’m a bit odd but sat out in the pub garden at the end of a summer ride with a pint and your legs tingling with nettle stings is the perfect end to a evening ride IMO

cookeaa

cookeaa – perhaps have a pre-emptive vote, just in case?

Probably best to I’d hate to be lying there life slipping away at the side of a trail and for my final thoughts be:

“If only I’d been able to add this incident to the STW poll, now it will be statistically incorrect and hence 1.237% fewer people will be cowering indoors next weekend”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Current poll on the front page…’ is closed to new replies.