Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Current deals on a 55" 4K TV
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Best deal on a 55″

Currently have a 40″ built into a false chimney wall. 55″ will fit in the chimney wall and cover the hole with all the wires.
    4K for the Xbox one S.
    So needs to be 55″ and 4K

Thanks

Drac

You must have big living room.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Richersounds 779 Sony Bravia 55 probably not perfect but I’ve had mine 2 weeks and am very happy with it. Perferred it to the comparably priced Samsung.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

You must have big living room.

Open plan ground floor,

Drac

You’ll need it for that size.

AO have deals on but Richer Sounds and John Lewis do 5 year warranties.

skids
    Free Member

not really, the maximum distance to get any benefit from 4k is about 7ft on a 55″ tv

Drac

Oh aye my mistake it goes the other way for 4k but you still need a big or it looks ridiculous.

Cletus

The Samsung SUHD 55 KS9000 is £1699, with a further £100 off at Curry’s and decent deals on the 4k Blu-ray player if bought together. It’s pretty much the best TV out there for HDR at that price point

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

The Samsung SUHD 55 KS9000 is £1699, with a further £100 off at Curry’s and decent deals on the 4k Blu-ray player if bought together. It’s pretty much the best TV out there for HDR at that price point

That looks good but are there any sub £1k TVs worth looking at?

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Watching his closely. Black Friday coming up so expecting some deals.

piha
    Free Member

I’ve recently been looking for a new TV and as I get a new TV about once every 10/12 years, I wanted to future proof as far as I realistically could. I ended up paying more than I originally wanted and picked up a Panasonic Viera TX58DX902B after a far bit of research and the very helpful Richer Sounds sales assistant local to me. I believe Richer Sounds are doing a 6 year warranty at the moment, along with price match etc. TV seems great especially when compared with my old TV.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Input lag WTF- just to make it more complicated for Xbox One S. Is this really an issue with most TVs?

Drac

Yes there can be lag with some TVs and consoles, I spent ages researching before I bought mine to avoid that.

julians
    Free Member

I recently (two weeks ago) bought a Sony KD49xd8099 from AO from £750, they also do a 55 inch version for a bit more cash.

It seems pretty good, 4k, HDR, android TV (so have installed KODI). Picture is fine , miles better than the 10 year old toshiba that it replaces , but thats to be expected.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh aye my mistake it goes the other way for 4k but you still need a big or it looks ridiculous.

What we consider ridiculous changes over time. My 42″ is decidedly small these days. It’s always been difficult to play games on it sat on the other side of the room some 4.5m away.

I think 50 or 55 will be next.

Drac

Agreed but 55″ is huge. My 40″ is around the same size as my plasma 32″ was so looks fine but a 55″ would be silly it would be nearly as big as my fireplace.

mahalo

costco have some nice LG ones under £800

FuzzyWuzzy

Samsung but only for the higher end (8 & 9000 range), I think in the middle band (around £1k) Samsung fall a bit behind Sony/LG/Panasonic etc. as they drop too many of the features/processing that make the high end models so good.

I’m still waiting for OLED TVs to drop a bit but looks unlikely now LG is the only one making them 🙁

As for size, I went from a 40″ to 55″ last purchase (a couple of years ago) and you only really notice the difference for a couple of weeks, it just seems normal to me now. Only issue I did have was the TV stand overlapped the edges of my cabinet (and the TV weight was on the outer edges) so had to change the cabinet but if you’re wall mounting you won’t have that issue).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Current deals on a 55" 4K TV’ is closed to new replies.