Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Current cars that'll be future classics
  • withersea
    Free Member

Another shout for the racing puma. They have always held their value and were produced in such small numbers, but at a reasonable launch price, that they are going to just become more desirable.

rickmeister

How about…

The Audi A2, all aluminium super mini ?

Just bought one, a 90bhp Tdi and its quirky, different and in its day, technologically ahead of the game construction wise. Lovely build quality and finish inside. Audi lost money on every one sold….

Its a clever little thing with lots of nice little details and cheap as chips to run plus, being an Audi will take a Orange 5 so ticks all the trail centre boxes..

CountZero

Fat-boy-fat – Member
    DS3 a lovely drive? You what? Had one as a pool car at work. It was a truly odd car to drive. Very strange driving position and no feel.

Well, that’s the thing, innit; different cars feel different to different people, I’d never even sat in a DS3 before picking one up and driving nearly 150 miles, so I had no idea what to expect, but I felt very comfortable in the car, the seat is perfect for me, I felt nothing odd about the driving position, and it felt really solid, although I wasn’t trying to be surfmatt.
    It had nearly 40k on the clock, so had been well looked after.
    I also had a BMW M3 to pick up and deliver, nice car, but a truly horrid steering wheel, with a wierd ridge on the facing edge that put pressure on the ball of my thumb; most odd.
    I’ve also driven a BMW 330d, nice enough, but I’d never want to own one, whereas the Audi A6 and A3 were lovely, I felt totally at home, and the VW GTD was bloody marvellous, 180bhp helping.

tom200

Subaru levorg

CountZero

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Looks exactly the same as every other variant of the model which looks exactly the same as every other model in the range,

Yep. Q cars and all the better for it!
    The Rs were awesome.
    Oh yeah!
    Always wanted a banana yellow 850R, after watching the TWR Volvo estates thrashing the opposition in British Saloon Car racing!

That’s how to drive a Volvo!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

There’s a Yellow 850R on eBay at the moment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222225727014

Edit: PS both CountZero and Capt.Flash have excellent taste.

parkesie
    Free Member

Can see the citroen cactus being a future classic. The last c5 v6 will be because its the last with their oliopneumatic suspension. Well nothings replaced it yet anyway.

mudshark
    Free Member

Another shout for the racing puma. They have always held their value and were produced in such small numbers, but at a reasonable launch price,

Well the launch price must have been too high as only half of the 500 were sold but yes a nice car – I had a 1.7 for 9 years.

milky1980
    Free Member

I tried to buy a white 850R saloon off someone locally (at the time) about 8 years ago as he had no idea it was rare and was going to scrap it! Sadly (for me, good for the car) my interest meant he looked into it’s value and he decided to keep it. He still has it in fact and it lives on being used regularly. Offered him £1k for it, worth a fair bit more now. Full Volvo service history etc but it has a towbar and could do with a good clay bar and wax.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

not quite current but this orange Alfa GT is for sale :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-romeo-GT-3-2-V6-/172292787990?hash=item281d734f16:g:l0cAAOSwA3tXoPRg

read the story on the alfa forum of when he had it done in 2012, interesting.

Need a newer GT myself, although this is only one year younger…

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Current cars that'll be future classics’ is closed to new replies.