Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cure cold feet?
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

contemplating on wherever to stay inside today and play wow orr go out on my bike in this cold snowy weather lol, everytime i go out my toes end up numb and start hurting eventually, that’s wearing sealskin socks with a few more socks underneath and over the top! what do u guys do! heeelppp

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Are you squeezing your feet into your shoes and impairing circulation. Last night I had on two pairs of thin merino socks under my MW80 boots. Feet were toasty despite trudging through a fair bit of snow. Lycra longs helped too, kept legs warm and stopped snow melting into my boots.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

woolie boolie merino socks, sealskinz mid thermal sock and shimano mw80 boots = toasty warm feet, but at a price!

worth it??!??!?! course, winter lasts for me from october through to march/april in terms of being cold and wet, so thats 6 months ish’…which when you span the cost over that period if its all your wearing every ride its actually very cheap!

defo size up for the mw80s if you want to wear the above 2 socks, mine are just about right, maybe a bit too tight, and if too tight it will make your toes numb/ feel cold, mine are a little tight the combo above but after 5 mins or so of riding they settle in and warm up….when its not overly warm just the sealskinz work a treat and have plenty of space…..

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yea i wear lycra leg warmers but you might be right about the whole squeezing your feet into your shoes kinda thing, ill try open up my shoes more let a bit of air inside, ill give it a whirl cheers

warpcow
    Free Member

Are you leaving enough room for air to circulate with all those socks on?

Everyone’s different when it comes to circulation/temperature. Down to -10 I wear sealskins with one pair of thin socks under, anything colder just gets an overshoe over the top. That’s with normal/’summer’ Shimano SPD shoes.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you are wearing summer shoes try a neoprene overshoe, Endura, BBB etc good for keeping feet warm but not so good if you’re doing a lot of hike a bike, trudging through snow etc.

buffalobill
    Free Member

Suffer from terrible circulation in hands and feet in the cold.
    Tried various combinations, but Endura merino socks and neoprene overshoes seem to work best for me.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

A freind of mine who has been to the artic and northern Canada, Swears by standing in a bucket of COLD water then vigorously drying your feet before going out. Something to do with reactions.

philconsequence
    Free Member

stick a latex glove over the top half of your foot and toes, then a normal biking sock over that. worked a treat last night 😀

Speshpaul

wear a hat.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

lol the mrs ” where my washing up glove? ”

will1
    Free Member

Same as OW I use the same combination and feet are toasty!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cure cold feet?’ is closed to new replies.