Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cuckoos, anyone not heard one yet?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Didn’t hear any round these parts of North Yorkshire then went up to Fort William last week. Heard cuckoos every day & everywhere we went, it was like a bloody cuckoo clock factory!
    Last Thursday we were helping a conked out trials rider near Loch Arkaig & could hear four at the same time!

woody21
    Free Member

Yes – last weekend on Froggatt Edge in the Peak District

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite a few around Cannock the last 2-3 weeks although I suppose it could be the same one. No hang on I saw two last Saturday one over Brocton way and the other one on a wire near Upper Cliff. I thought they were supposed to be endangered

scotroutes

Heard one from the garden last night.

piemonster

Cuckoos are ****

nbt

Nothing round here, edge of Stockport

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cuckoos are ****

Basty nastards? They are quite naughty I suppose, but they sound cool as **** when your’e in the middle of nowhere!

Klunk
    Free Member

march 25th here, must have been passing through not heard one since.

tuffty
    Free Member

Heard one here in Northants today 🙂

kcal

out yesterday, cuckoos – plenty about or maybe just one loud one, a few curlews as well which was lovely. real outdoor sound that..

kerv
    Free Member

Hadn’t heard one for years but heard one last week here in Milton Keynes

bikemike1968
    Free Member

About a week ago down here in Hampshire. Quite late this year I think.

bearnecessities

Cuckoos are ****

Post of the week.

CountZero

Heard one last Sunday near Marlborough, while I was photographing bluebells. Lots of skylarks out today singing their little heads off, just across a couple of fields. Lovely sound, that.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Heard a few a couple of weeks ago in the south lakes.

mooman
    Free Member

Heard them on the Blorenge last weekend and on Machen Mtn mid week.

woffle
    Free Member

heard one a week ago in Sussex.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Heard my first one on Cannock Chase about two three weeks ago. Since then heard it or them quite often. Last Tuesday heard and saw one at the top of Cardiac Hill on the Chase.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Heard a few last weekend around Ladybower

29erKeith
    Free Member

heard one here (New forest) just a few weeks back, just once and that was it, not heard it again. First one I’ve heard near home in 3 years.

Our local bird man, Chris Packham’s been in the news a bit recently, Cuckoo’s were one of the breeds he mentioned were specifically in decline.
    All linked with his recent Malta trip\arrest

convert

A couple of times – but we normally have loads so it’s down on usual.

Peacocks though – can’t move for bloody peacocks! A gang of 4 materialised from nowhere a couple of weeks ago and have taken residence. Good novelty value for a few days but they seem to think my shed turbo/log store lean-to addition is actually theirs – and boy do they crap. Turns out they also roost at the tops of trees too (like 40ft up a sodding big oak) which took me by surprise.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cuckoos, anyone not heard one yet?’ is closed to new replies.