Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cuckoo
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I heard my first cuckoo of the year while walking the dog on the Quantocks (Lydeard Hill) this morning. Summer’s on it’s way 🙂
    (probably at least 3 weeks later than last year).

petergee
    Free Member

Good news. No cuckoos round our way yet but plenty of woodpecker activity. It’s surely on it’s way…a long time coming.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not heard a Cuckoo yet but heard a ‘pecker’ tapping away the other morning. I was on nights last week & while on my rounds & could hear about 5 different Owl hoots together but coming from different directions, must have been having a chat with each other.

thepurist

Heard my first cuckoo yesterday too. I actually spotted one in the Quantocks last year – near(ish) the Halsway post. Thought it was a pigeon sat in a tree until it called.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Woodpeckers been on the go for a few weeks round my bit, Ochils, no cuckoo yet.

andytherocketeer

Was half expecting first cuckoo at the weekend, but didn’t hear any. Maybe this weekend. edit: don’t remember the exact date last year, but I’m sure they’re later this year.

Woodpeckers have been about for a few weeks. Saw 2 Black Woodpeckers 2 weekends ago (or was it 3?). They are big.

Swifts are probably almost imminent too (usually about 1st week in May).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Woodpeckers been hammering away round here for a week or two, no cuckoo yet but they are a bit rare in this area.

andytherocketeer

First cockchafer (stop sniggering) of the year today. Dumb creatures they are, and fly straight at your face when riding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cuckoo’ is closed to new replies.