Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cube Reaction SL vs Scott Scale 30
  • kidsan
    Free Member

Nice prices on both these bikes:

Cube

Scott

The Scott has a carbon frame which is nice and better components (i think!….not so up on Sram) but is it worth the extra 250 quid??

Anyone got either of these bikes care to comment…all help very gratefully received

DT78
    Free Member

Dumb question is the scale a 26er or 29er?

Test rode the 2013 scale 910 at the weekend and now trying to work out how I could afford it. They’ve changed the model numbers so I can’t work out which is a comparable 2012 model

kidsan
    Free Member

26er

radoggair
    Free Member

the new scott scale’s have the number ‘9’ in front of them to donate a 29er ( 910 for example). 26er’s are just the scale 10, 20, 30 etc

DT78
    Free Member

Ah thanks. Did they not do a 29 version in 2012 then?

grtdkad

Scott

kidsan
    Free Member

anyone ride the Scott and can help me out with sizing? Im 6 foot so am thinking a Large

BearBack
    Free Member

26 inch is 6*0
    29 inch is 9*0
    650b is 7*0
    For 2013.

At 6′, you are a large… But test ride first for confirmation!!

BearBack
    Free Member

so I can’t work out which is a comparable 2012 model

For 2012 29″, it was more along their road naming. It went RC, Expert, Elite, Team, Comp. It doesnt cross over quite the same as groupo mixes vary.

ljs1977
    Free Member

Scott, but try a 29er scale before you push the button.

My LBS are struggling to sell 26 Scotts and 29 Scotts have nearly sold out – judge from that what you will.

Cheers

DT78
    Free Member

Is there much difference in the 2013 frame as compared to 2012? Or is it essentially the same?

BearBack
    Free Member

It’ll be essentially the same… maybe some manufacturing tweaks, but no major shifts. Scale 29 was new for 2011… so possibly 2015 before anything significant.
    2013 better though as they spec’d fox and shimano mostly.. less SRAM to be found this year 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cube Reaction SL vs Scott Scale 30’ is closed to new replies.