Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 197 total)
  • CUBE LTD TEAM from JC CYCLES..What a disaster !
  • killswitch73
    Free Member

hi guys/gals

To cut a long story short , last tuesday 21st june i had my cube LTD Team delivered and the cube decals on both sides was coming off and didnt notice it until i took cardboard protectors off the frame and started putting the pedals on.

the bike is on finance and in my brothers name so its a bit of a goose chase when i have to go through my brother to deal with something thats never happened before.

anyway JC CYCLES said cube was out of stock on the CUBE LTD TEAM 20′.
    and that they ordered a brand new frame only from cube.

anyway had the bike re-delivered today at my brothers address , (oh and to mention that i was not told or my brother was not told on both deliveries when its was being delivered.)

i got to my brothers this evening at about 6.30 , i opened the box to see that there was a scratch on the top bar about an inch long just before the D where it says LTD..

with the bike still being inside the box i also noticed that there was No Seat, No Seat post , No pedals, NO box with all the instructions.

im now now fed up and im just so glad my brother is so laid back and said he will phone finace company to make a complaint..

how do the Incompetent Cowboys get away with this ?

i wont be supprised that this thread will get removed as i think someone who works for JC Cycles works there or he could actualy be the owner comes on here very often.

im sorry andy but this is not on and i might be the first one for this to happen to but even without the latest scratch , forgetting to put the seat post , sadle and pedals in, and the box with the instructions is just not exceptable.

people might say BUT its just a little Scratch , yes it is just a little scratch , a little scratch that i didnt do and the fact thats its now twice and im not prepared to pay Near £1000 for a bike thats scratched.
    and most off all its meant to be anodised and scratch proof.

i have this time shot a video of myself opening the box so i got that to back myself up.

to a link to the whole story and photes here :

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/help-had-the-cube-ltd-team-back-today-and-omg-t15140.html

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what do you need instructions for??

rob-jackson
    Free Member

OMG how can so many people with such a limited grasp of English populate that forum!!

drofluf
    Free Member

cruzheckler – Member
    what do you need instructions for??

Let’s start with spelling, grammar, punctuation, use of capitals…..

rob-jackson
    Free Member

spelling – check
    punctuation – check
    Grammar – check
    capitals – fail

anto164
    Free Member

So did you speak to them to explain?

Sounds like you didn’t, you just went straight for a bitch on the internet.

drofluf
    Free Member

Cruzheckler. Didn’t mean your spelling etc.!

killswitch73
    Free Member

I did not know this was an english class , and this is the second time this has happened not just once .so now bike will go back again and will now cancel the agreement.
    so yes i can bitch if i want too as its a lot of money to spend when a bike shop is so incompetent.

and the instructions are for the forks , breaks , ect ect..

or is it because you work for the shop ?

killswitch73
    Free Member

Cruzheckler..

if it was you that this happned too you would bitch about it too.

i have now had 2 bikes both with marks or scratches and now with missing parts.

anto164
    Free Member

killswitch73
    Free Member

i have clearly upset a few people on here .hmmm

perhaps i hit a nerve !!

will be hitting more nerves when i phone consumer direct.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont see why you should accept a scratched frame but you may be over reacting if you have not given them a chance to remedy. Be like your brother and chill.
    Contact the seller/shop and see what they say then get back to us
    Perhaps the frame came direct from Cube for example and they have not even seen it.
    I am sure this will be resolved well and you will give just as much publicity when it does.

trailertrash

jesus let the guy have a moan, it’s not like anyone owns the internet…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one Anto 🙂

Gary_C

A scratched frame ?

Blimey, don’t go taking it offroad in the mud & grit then……

smell_it
    Free Member

I think you are right to expect your new bike to arrive unscratched and in new cosmetic condition; then you can get it all scratched up yourself, it’s one of the joys of buying a new bike. I think the bike shop should sort you out properly. Some people may live with that little scratch, but you are well within your rights imo to ask for it to be sorted. But you do seem a bit mental.

gjonmat
    Free Member

right i am the guy that aranged delivery of your new bike and I RANG YOU 3 TIMES on thursday to say ” hello good news your new bike is on its way, and by the way where is the original box of bits (seat post seat, instructions ect) “? as they was no where to be seen but with no answer on the 3rd call i left a message to ring back on you voice mail it got to 4pm on thursday do i keep the bike till you ring back or send it so you have it for the weekend, oh belive me we will arange collection and deposit back. as you and every one can see the bike has cardbord on top tube it comes to us like that when doing brake swap and gear check this part is never taken off as its not in the way so again you have been unlucky to get a scratched frame. thanks for the call before slating!!!!!!!!!!

pixelmix
    Free Member

This could get fun. A welcome distraction from what I’m working on.

Biscuits anyone?

metal_leg
    Free Member

I was going to bed but now I might stay up a little longer.

Kettles on…

killswitch73
    Free Member

i had no phone calls from you on thrusday and we can just get the courier to get the weight of the box then cant we.

so am i being accused of keeping the bits ??

theboatman
    Free Member

Is there a bad english/ grammar translating app that will allow me to get in on this thread? I’m not struggling to grasp how communication may have broken down in this case.

gjonmat
    Free Member

not getting into it on here i will call you at half 9 tomorrow, for the record i was asking if you had the bits still not accusing you, if you had said no new box would have come with new bike, but i guessed you would have kept them as it was only bike at fault and i was not in on wednesday when the bike arrived back and could not see the bits better still you ring us as i clearly have the wrong contact number if you did not have missed calls or voice mail

timmys

Perhaps this is just a huge misunderstanding because neither of you seem to be able to communicate in English. Have you tried finding a common language? I think it would simplify things.

killswitch73
    Free Member

gjonmat

im sorry for blasting my mouth off like i have been, and i didnt open the box until 6.30 and did ring the shop at 6.45pm this evening while the tennis was still on.

i put the seat inside some bubble wrap, the seatpost was put in between 2 peices of thick foam along with foam inside the box to protect the frame, and the box was wedged against the main box and the back wheel, and the pedals was inside the box unused and unopened, along with other bit and bobs like stickers and instructions.

and i think you rang my brothers phone as bike is in his name on the agreement.

i have since sent andy an email explaining that im not happy and the last thing i want to do is give the shop a bad name.

only thing i can say right now is sorry for not waiting until the morning, but i have been so fed up with all of this.

killswitch73
    Free Member

gjonmat

your john , im john .

i think i dealt with phil..

is there anyway i can send you my number without posting on this thread. put your email up in your profile so i can send you pick too.

gjonmat
    Free Member

i can see your point of view but you must let the retailer know when theres a problem, just like ebay leave bad feedback before telling the seller the problem anyway talk tomorrow got to get up for work 🙁

gjonmat
    Free Member

seen all the pic`s you have posted on forums and phil is our internet guy i am shop floor you can send to gjonmatt@hotmail.co.uk dont use that one

slackin101
    Free Member

I was going to bed but now I might stay up a little longer.

Kettles on…

bullheart
    Free Member

Classic STW!

I’m struggling to comprehend how the two of you had such a dramatic failure in communication…

😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Is there a bad english/ grammar translating app that will allow me to get in on this thread? I’m not struggling to grasp how communication may have broken down in this case.

I’d say that gjonmat is not a native English speaker, but the OP has no defence…
    Updates?
    Fist pie?
    Humble pie?

uwe-r
    Free Member

Classic thread.

One phone call would have sorted this out, but why do that when you can get on the net and cause some stink.

slackin101
    Free Member

I’d say that gjonmat is not a native English speaker, but the OP has no defence…
    Updates?
    Fist pie?
    Humble pie?

Not a chance, looks like the OP had a right good rant elsewhere before coming on here and is still going.

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/help-had-the-cube-ltd-team-back-today-and-omg-t15140.html

epicyclo

I’m interested that the dealer didn’t remove the protective cardboard to check the bike.

I know that another Cube dealer takes nothing for granted and the bike is completely assembled, tested, and repacked before sale, so something like a scratch is likely to be noticed.

smell_it
    Free Member

From the other forum thread;

First rule of internet forum usage: Never expect a decent or sensible reply from anyone on Singletrack….ever.
    They should teach these rules in school to save future generations from a load of worthless grief and hassle.

😆 it’s only the worthless grief and hassle that keeps me going!

neninja
    Free Member

and most off all its meant to be anodised and scratch proof.

Hard anodising is pretty tough but there’s no such thing as scratch proof.

nuke

The scratch on the new frame looks pretty minor from the pic on the other forum: does it really need to go back? Wouldn’t a bit of compensation and the offer of an industrial size pack of helicopter tape be enough? Better to be out riding in this weather.

Junkyard
    Free Member

From the other forum

well i have told all this on singletrack forum and i have clearly upset a few people on there already …bitching about my grammer

TBH i think we actually struggled to comprehend what you were saying.
    I assume your brother got credit because you are not old enough.
    See the damage helpfully ringed in case you miss it.

donsimon
    Free Member

does it need to go back?

Of course it does. Somebody, somewhere has a mate who read a bit about the Sale of Goods Act and now through the wonders of the internet is able to tell the gullible or those lacking the sense which is indeed (un)common all about their rights without considering the wrongs of slating the good name of a possibly innocent shop.

EDIT: What tyres are those? Are they any good? Coz they look nice.

brooess
    Free Member

well i have told all this on singletrack forum and i have clearly upset a few people on there already …bitching about my grammer

Oooh the ironing… Is this what the CBI was talking about the other day when they said the younger generation can’t read and write properly… 1 typo, 1 grammar error 😕

I suspect in 10-15 years time the OP will look back upon this event and understand the reaction he’s got here…

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Hopefully the poor bloke will go to the finance company and complain, and the finance company will then start questioning why a third party application was done, and who is actually paying for the goods, and where they are located (assuming its not his brother).

One of the biggest no-no’s in retail finance at the minute which will come back to bite his brother (who cant even afford credit for his phone) firmly in the backside.

Credit to retailer, unlike the majority they stood up, took responsibility and rectified the situation even if the purchaser see’s it differently (and continue to do so by offering a full refund).

I’ll be adding JC Cycles to the list of retailers to look at next time Im looking for bits, I’d much prefer to support businesses who are doing their job well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘CUBE LTD TEAM from JC CYCLES..What a disaster !’ is closed to new replies.