Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cube Ltd sizing
  • GoatKarma
    Free Member

About to get one of the 2016 Race model of the above, but can’t figure out sizing! It’s via C2W and Evans, but they don’t have any store stock so I want to make sure I get the right one!

I’m 6’1(185cm) with 34″ish inside leg(85cm). Longish legs, shorter body. Usually ride 57cm road bike. My last mtb was a large Cotic soul that fitted well (cant find geometry chart for that now though).

It’s a toss up between the 19″ and the 21″ (Size chart). Ordinarily it would always be the 19″, but I keep seeing reports that these size up quite small. Don’t want to end up with a tank though. The Cube size chart doesn’t help too much as I don’t have another mtb to compare it to at the moment.

Any owners care to share any sizing advice? Probably safest to get the 19″ and then can get a layback post or longer stem if needed?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I’ve got a Cube Ltd from 2011 so has 26″ wheels. I have a 20″ (L) frame. I’m 6 foot with 33″ inside leg. Not sure if this helps at all but may give you a very rough idea of Cubes sizing.

munrobiker
    Free Member

They do size up small, I’m 5’10” and would be on a 19″. At 6’1″ a 21″ would be better I think.

dubber
    Free Member

As above , I’m 5’10 and would be on the 19″ on a cube to get a decent reach figure , Friend has a 21″ cube acid and he’s 6’2 … Still not a long bike though.

finephilly
    Free Member

I’m 183cm and a 20″ cube is a size too small. It’s a 26er though.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Can they not get a bike in for you to swing a leg over?

coconut
    Free Member

100% go for the 21 inch frame. I have owned a few cube’s and all their top tubes come up small. I am 6.2ft and found the 21 just right. Putting on a thomson layback seat post will not make any real difference as the gain is around 10 to 15mm.

wheel2wheel
    Free Member

I was in a similar position to you a few weeks ago. 6ft 1″ ,i went for the 21″ cube Ltd. Although 6ft 1″ is the minimum recommended rider height for the 21″ model according to Cube’s own size chart, I have found the sizing to be perfect for me for an XC bike. Standover is fine and reach is fine. A 19″ I sat on in the shop felt a touch too small.
    You can always return to Evans if it doesn’t feel right to you.

mattg73
    Free Member

Bought a Ltd Race but with the 27.5″ wheels in size 18″ (I am 5’8″). The top tube felt a tad short so had to put the saddle all the way back. Also the geometry took a bit of getting used to from my Genesis Core.

Lovely bike though and climbs like a mountain goat 🙂

bigbloke
    Free Member

I am 5′ 11″ and a bit 31.5″ inside leg I got a 19″ fits well.

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks everyone. Will ask them to order the 21″. They have said they can swap if it’s the wrong size too.

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Picked it up at the weekend. Kit to price ratio seems pretty fantastic. Have ordered some Maxxis Beavers for it, then should be good to go for up here in Scotland.

wheel2wheel
    Free Member

Great. You’ve got a nice bike there.
    How is the sizing for you then? . . should be spot on for you.

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to reply! Went out for a 30miler on Saturday and fit was absolutely perfect! Not too long or short. Still loads of seatpost. Love it 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cube Ltd sizing’ is closed to new replies.