Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cube Hybrid or Hardtail MTB????????
  • deangy
    Free Member

Im about to purchase a new bike under the B2W scheme and Im in two minds about which bike to get! I’ll mainly use to the bike to commute to work on roads, a slight off road track and then a coastal sea concrete road but would also like the option of joining a few mates when they have days out offroading. I’ve been advised that a Hybrid will do the job but any more opinions will be much appreciated. Ive got my eye on a Cube LTD CLS Pro 2011. Anyone got one or has had any experience with one??

Alternatively should I go for a hardtail MTB even though 90% of the time I’ll be on a road?

Please help!!!!

4ndyB
    Free Member

Try both out if you can, or at least sit on them.

The CLS LTD PRO is in very short supply at the mo, if your LBS has one in stock you’re in luck, if not you’ll have to wait a while. They are very popular for good reason, good value, great build quality, look nice and ride well

The CLS LTD PRO is a very capable hybrid, but if your mates are riding technical gnarly (damn I used that word) trails then the mountain bike is the bike for you. Just fit slicks/semi slicks for the road usage

deangy
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered that My LBS has only got a 62 in stock so I’m going to try that but if it’s too big (I’m 6’2″) then they reckon everywheree has sold out and they can’t get me a smaller size! They have offered me a CLS Comp which is the model below. It doesn’t have disc brakes tho which is something I really wanted! I guess I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed that the 62 is ok!! are there any similar bikes you could recommend or something that would fit my needs? I don’t really want to spend over £500 tho.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How about one of the Boardman hybrid range? They all come with disc brakes and a good level of kit.
    I bought the cheapest model (£500) as a commuter but it’s so much fun to ride i now use it as my road/touring bike.

They come with 28mm road tyres so easily enough room i reckon for 32mm cross tyres should you wish it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cube Hybrid or Hardtail MTB????????’ is closed to new replies.