Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cube full sus sizes…?
  • tubthumped
    Free Member

Following in from the earlier thread about new bikes, I’m close to commuting to a cube frittz 160 tm.

Does anyone have experience of the sizing on them? I’m looking at guides and my height and inside leg lead me to the 20″ frame – although that seems pretty big? I’m a fraction under 6ft tall and would usually gamble on an 18″. What are people’s thoughts?

Now I know you’ll say ‘try it’ but unfortunately I can’t. The only one I can find isn’t in a place I can get to and try.

Cheers 🙂

martymac

im 5′ 10″ with a 30.5″ inside leg, my cube ams 130 is an 18″.
    it fits perfectly.
    26″ wheel though, dunno how much difference that might make.

billybuxton

I’m 6ft with 34″ inside leg and the 18″ Cube Stero 29er is spot on, tried the 20″ for size but I found it marginally to big.

tubthumped
    Free Member

Billy – in what way did it feel too big?

When testing bikes I tried an XL Rocky Mountain and it felt spot on. Looking at measurements the XL rm and 20″ cube seem quite similar. Hoping that translates into real life…

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I am 6 1 and ride a large. It’s a short top tube I think

smogmonster

I have a Stereo 140mm 29er Medium…Im 5’10” and really wouldn’t want any smaller…the top tubes are fairly short.

smartboy
    Free Member

I have a Fritzz (Race). 6ft and 34in inside leg and found the 18inch frame to be perfect for me. About 2 inches of the Reverb showing (plus the rest of the post obviously).

Have a good bit of space under me to throw it about.

About 6 months old now (and average of roughly 35miles a week off-road) and no grumbles apart from one of the rear pivot bolts coming loose. Nipped it up and has been fine since.

Edit: it’s a 650b (but all the Fritzz range are aren’t they?).

tubthumped
    Free Member

Thanks for all your input folks. Really appreciated.

I spent some time last night comparing frame sizes from the 2 bikes I’ve ridden and the cube and found the 20″ sits in between the RM and Niner I’ve ridden and liked. Based in that, and what’s said here in pretty happy that the cube will be spot on, maybe I’ll want a slightly shorter stem, but that’s an easy fix.

TheWrongTrousers

Hi
    I have Stereo 120mm 29er in Medium. I’m 5’10” with a 31″ inside leg.
    I find the bike ever so slightly on the large size, which I quite like actually. So I definitely wouldn’t want a Large, and I suspect a Small would be too small.
    It has a dropper post so I can drop that when I want to get on or off
    🙂

smartboy
    Free Member

The standard stem on my Fritzz is really short already. Guess you are ordering on-line so you can’t try it for size first?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cube full sus sizes…?’ is closed to new replies.