Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cube bikes – Whats the consensus?
  • John25
    Free Member

Hi Guys

Got around a grand to spend on a hardtail

Best spec for the money (and best looking IMO) is the 2011 Cube LTD Race

I haven’t heard much about Cube bikes apart from some online reviews

Anybody got one? What do they think? What are the warranties like?

Thank You

trickydisco
    Free Member

Best spec for the money is the on-one carbon whippet

Rockshox SID forks and sub 25lb

cubemeup
    Free Member

iv had 2 =, great bikes

muddydwarf
    Free Member

4 of my mates have Cube hardtails, 3 have the LTD race & one has the pro model.

All 2009/2010 models but i have to say they are killer bikes. The frames are well thought-out, the kit is great value & the bikes ride really, really well.
    Doubt you can go wrong with one but get a test ride anyway.

KT1973
    Free Member

My wife has a cube ltd race and it’s a great bike

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Love mine

Good spec and great looking

John25
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback

Trickydisco, I looked at the carbon whippet and also really liked the customise section on their website, but I’d rather go for an aluminum frame.

Yeah, the Cubes sure are nice looking bikes

cullen-bay
    Free Member

and their warranty dept. is fantastic

Holyzeus
    Free Member

The Whippet is fantastic VFM but heard lots of stories about the finish…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’ve got an WLS Access SL hard tail and it’s awesome. Rides really nicely, responds well no idea about warranties dept though as not needed to contact them! Would recommend them.

trickydisco
    Free Member

No worries.. I think the cube is ace. So much so my brother now has 1 and 2 guys from work on the cycle to work scheme. Great spec for the money

xc-steve
    Free Member

Cube’s warranty is awesome, crashed mine into a rock, 1 month later out riding my new bike.

Where about’s in the UK are you? Can have a ride on mine if you want?! (Cube Elite)

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Love mine, not had to use the warranty – same spec Trek retails over £2,000 – this was £1,600 retail, bargain if you ask me. 🙂

The only thing I have changed is the saddle, as I couldn’t get comfy on the standard one…..!!!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

friend just got a rock lobster tig team 853 for 1k. really nice bike but it took 6 months to arrive.
    ghost are also worth a look at
    [/url]

DaveGr
    Free Member

Got a 2009 spec F/S and it’s been superb. Solid design / build. Cost @ £1600 when similar spec Trek / Spesh were £2000 though not sure about current VFM. Only problem has been suspension bolts not being loctited well enough but once that was sorted then no problems.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2009 Ltd Race. Cracking bike. As you say, there is little else for the money that can touch it in terms of spec – good groupset, decent wheels, good fork, breaks, reasonable finishing kit, etc. The only thing that I felt I needed to change on mine is the stem (my XL came with a ludicrous 120mm EA30 that I swapped for something a little less stretched) and the bars (the EA30 were a bit narrow and have been replaced by Ritchey WCS carbon rizers). I changed the EA30 post for a Thomson because I’m a tart. The ‘Ready for Race’ saddle was a bit of an ar*e shredder at first, but eventually settled down after about 8 months. I think they spec a different, less sadistic one now anyway.

The overtly Euro looks are a bit of an acquired taste – they can look like someone has fired a sticker cannon at them – but the black anodized ones look pretty smart IMO.

Most importantly, it’s a great, involving ride. It’s certainly not what I’d call relaxed and can feel a bit out of its depth on steep rocky stuff – it is a XC hardtail, after all – but it’s seen me through everywhere from the Surrey Hills to the Scottish Highlands. Overall a solid, light, terrifyingly fast bike that I still get a kick out of riding.

John25
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys

I’m in Belfast, not far from CRC headquarters, so I think I’ll go up next week and buy one

Looking forward to taking it for a rip

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cube bikes – Whats the consensus?’ is closed to new replies.