Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cube Attain Sizing Advice
  • mcnultycop

I’ve been looking at the Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc at Paul’s Cycles.

I’m struggling a bit with sizes, due to my proportions. I’m just under 5’10” so 177cm, with a 29″ inside leg. I’m looking at 53cm or 56cm. I currently have an Arkose in a 56cm, which is good if potentially a few mm too long. The smaller size Arkose felt a little short at the time.

The 53cm Cube is similar in ett and reach to the Arkose, but with a slightly increased drop from saddle to bars. I’m thinking the 53cm sounds right, but not sure.

It’ll be for rides to 80km max, but mainly 40km training.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Hi mcnultycop

I’m 5ft 10″ and ride a 56cm Cube Attain that I picked up a few weeks ago.

I ride a 54cm Cannondale and 54cm Kinesis if that helps.

mcnultycop

Burnsybhoy are you in proportion as my legs are short!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

My inside leg is 82cm.

windydave13
    Free Member

I can’t help on size, but thanks for the heads up that they have them. I’ve been looking at the Alu version on CRC for ages and this is nearly £100 cheaper than CRC 🙂

mcnultycop

Cheers BB, bit longer than me!

grizedaleforest

I’m 5’10” but with longish arms. I ride the 58cm frame Attain with seat post on its lowest setting. My bike shop told me that Cube tend to size small. So I wonder whether that 53cm might be a bit small for you?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

your leg kinda too short, im 5ft 6″ ..29″ legs..fits attain in small… 49 frame in allez….51 frame in Synapse (but wish I get the 48 :?) ..HTH sizing in paper is weird, best to fit

windyg
    Free Member

I have an Attain with a 53cm frame, i am 5’6″ with 29″ inside leg and it fits me perfectly, I live close to Pauls so I did get to try the frame sizes out.

curvature
    Free Member

5’10 and a bit with 30″ inside leg.

56cm Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc and feels just right.

The Cube mudguards are a good addition too.

mcnultycop

I managed to throw my leg over a 56cm Attain today in a shop (where I bought something I didn’t need to alleviate my guilt for not buying the bike from them, even though I have bought lots of stuff off them before and they didn’t even have the exact same model).

Whilst my gut previously said the 53cm was right as soon as I got on the 56cm it felt perfect. The 53cm would have been much too far a drop to the bars for me (some 30mm less stack I think) – they had a 53cm in another Cube bike and it looked tiny.

Ordered today.

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I ordered one of these last week aswell,built up and looked awesome until I realised they had sent me the wrong size! So had to unbuild and send back just waiting on the new one now.
    I ordered a 56 but they sent me a 60….

mcnultycop

I’ll check first!

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Haha yeah do ,they’ve been great about it tbf but no freebies yet!

mcnultycop

It went up in price £60 the day after I ordered.

So glad I didn’t hang around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cube Attain Sizing Advice’ is closed to new replies.