Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cube 240 or merida 624.kids bikes?
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

Looking to buy either a cube 240 or Merida 624. 24 inch mountain bike for my 8year olds upcoming birthday,
    Anyone have either or can give me a bit help as I’m unsure what to go for, think the im leaning towards the cube

Marge
    Free Member

Don’t do it!
    Heavy & low quality
    (The Cube)

Orbea make a great 24″ bike (my son has/had an MX team)
    Everyone praises the islabikes also but no direct experience

Ps I’m not anti -cube as such. Have 2 other cube (adult) bikes that are great

boxelder

We have Merida, cousin the Cube. Actually the same frame (same as spesh hotrock too). Neither are this years. Merida had lasted better and forks still work, unlike the Cube.

firestarter
    Free Member

I looked at all the 24 inch bikes i could find before Christmas the cube weighed a ton the orbea looked nice but dimensions were a bit funny saw lots of others too. I wanted to buy isla as ive previously had 3 but my little one preferred the frog 65 so we got that. Its very good light well built better than a isla tbh imho

cyclesense at tadcaster . Also online but worth a call as they have a separate shop that only sells quality childrens bikes

brickwizard
    Free Member

Thanks for that, my lbs dosent have any in stock so would need to order it in, The merida is lighter so maybe go for that if im to buy local

rockhopper70

Take a look at the hoy bonaly, 24″ wheel version.
    Readily available through evans.
    A really nice looking, and very light bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cube 240 or merida 624.kids bikes?’ is closed to new replies.