Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CSU Creaking
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone else seem to be constantly suffering from CSU creakage?
    Pike CSUs seem to last me 6 to 9 months before they develop the cracking noise when braking then start to creak even when not on the front brake.
    Getting a bit fed up with having to keep getting them warrantied.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Check the top caps are tight-not all creaky RS forks are caused by the CSU.

singlespeedstu

Something tells me they wouldn’t keep send me a new fork if the top cap was the problem.
    Also to be fair I had similar problems when I was using Fox34s.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Fair enough.
    We’ve had a few sent back & one set were returned saying the top caps weren’t torqued correctly, they’d tightened them & they went quiet.
    Several on in house service haven’t been tight enough either, so it was worth a mention.

singlespeedstu

I’ll bear it in mind as something else to check anyway.
    Wish it was just a case of top cap tweaking.

Gotama
    Free Member

Not me but a mate has the same issue. When we spoke to the guy that manages the SRAM race support truck at the passportes he said they had identified the issue with the bonding and have resolved it. No idea how that is progressing through to the items you receive as warranty replacements though so limited help. I assume they’ll keep shipping the existing units until they run out. Must be plenty of people with pikes that ride them gently enough that it never becomes an issue, or at least not inside warranty anyway

singlespeedstu

Cheers.
    That’s very interesting.
    I’ll just return this one and see what happens then.
    I suppose it saves getting them serviced. 😀

devash
    Free Member

I’ve had the same problem with two sets of Rebas, so its not just you.

rudedog
    Free Member

How do you identify when its the csu and not headset/stem/something else?

singlespeedstu

Remove the fork and clamp the steerer in a vice then push backwards and forwards on the lower legs.

CheesybeanZ

^^^^ turn the bike upside down , remove the wheel grab the fork legs and move them around – you’ll soon know if its the csu .

Bagstard
    Free Member

Mine were sounding horrific on holiday, unfortunately no warranty for me. Bought a yari for not much more than a CSU and put my charger damper in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CSU Creaking’ is closed to new replies.