Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Crufts and the BBC's reporting
  • hora
    Free Member

Yet again alot of peoples hardwork is smeared eith negativity by reporting a sensational story before the full toxicology results are released.

The BBC claims a dog was poisoned at the event but the dog fell ill and died 26hours after leaving the event.

I though the effects of poison can be felt/seen pretty quickly?

zippykona

Putin’s reach is long.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It was probably Iocane powder.

jota180
    Free Member

The BBC have claimed that the owner has claimed the dog was poisoned

totalshell

another example of bbc bias.. absolutely zero evidence to show this dog was poisoned at the dog show.. IF it was poisonend it could have easily been on the ferry and yet not one item on ferry poisonings..

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bias against what? Crufts?

funkrodent

In fairness it’s not just the BBC (is Hora biased against the BBC?) Last time I checked it was on the front page of most of the national papers and plastered across pretty much everyone’s website, so not sure why the Beeb are getting it in the neck?
    Now if it was a diatribe about the general standard of click-bait newspaper/news outlet reporting in general, I would be concurring.
    However, closer analysis in this case would indicate foul play, the owner quoted as follows (from the Grauniad, as it happens):

“When the vet opened up his stomach, she found cubes of meat – some sort of beef-like steak – and they had been sewn up with poison inside. She thinks there were possibly two or three types of poison.

“I think she identified one as like … a slug killer. I would guess that the other would turn out to be a rat poison or some industrial type of poison.”

“This resulted in a very painful death for our beautiful boy. The timings from the autopsy make it clear the only place this could have been given to Jagger was while on his bench at Crufts.”

Seems fairly conclusive to me. As I understand it, the toxicology tests aren’t to ascertain IF he was poisoned, more WHAT he was poisoned by..

Anyway, it’s all very sad, there are some truly sick people out there!

hora
    Free Member

The owners at the press conference didnt say it was catagorically at Crufts.

funkrodent

On second thoughts, could Hora be guilty of just a little bit of trolling?

Just a thought… 🙂

rwamartin
    Free Member

BBC are barking up the wrong tree. Police have got no leads.
    Could his Chum have done it?

MartynS

There is “no doubt” a prize-winning Irish setter was “maliciously poisoned” at Crufts, one of his owners has said.

The bbc have claimed nothing. They’ve reported/quoted what the owner has said.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ya don’t think it an inside job then..?

Just saying like.

thepurist

I blame the Queen. She hates all dogs except Corgis and probably ordered the NZ special forces to carry out a hit on Fido.

funkrodent

The owners at the press conference didnt say it was catagorically at Crufts.

In fairness, not seen the conference, but they are quoted as saying that the vet’s opinion was that by the timings it was almost certainly administered at Crufts.

However, if they’re sat there and a journo says “Can you 100% categorically state that this happened at Crufts?” They’re probably going to equivocate as they wouldn’t be able to state the case with that level of certainty

oldnpastit

What kind of sick person does a thing like that?

unknown
    Free Member

You think the BBC are biased about crufts, try how they report on a referendum.

project
    Free Member

bbc, have sent a reporter to Belgium to stand outside the dog owners house to do a report, pathetic waste of money time and effort, dogie died, doggie got second place in what shout be seen as a throw back to a previous age, its cruel and not at all worthy of a tv progrmae or the reporting its given.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

Imo there is so much money involved that cruelty and unfairplay is inevitable, At one time breeders bred dogs for the love of the breed and to improve their working characteristics, now its how much will they earn me if they win

MartynS

bbc, have sent a reporter to Belgium to stand outside the dog owners house to do a report, pathetic waste of money time and effort, dogie died, doggie got second place in what shout be seen as a throw back to a previous age, its cruel and not at all worthy of a tv progrmae or the reporting its given.[\quote]

To be fair, there is a crew and reporter based out that way, is it a bigger waste of time and money doing nothing or doing something??

CountZero

The owner believes the wrong dog was poisoned, the two dogs were sat next to each other in an area near the arena, accessible to the public, and one dog or the other was left alone while the other did their parade; the dogs switched places after one got upset over being close to a bitch in heat, the poisoned dog was where the winning dog had been sat, and they look very alike.
    The above info from various news sources.
    Really dreadful thing to do to an animal, much like deliberately putting out antifreeze to poison cats.
    Make the bastards eat whatever they put down. 👿

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Crufts and the BBC's reporting’ is closed to new replies.