Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crucial Memory
  • JulianA
    Free Member

Ordered yesterday (15/7), quoted 3 – 5 days delivery and where is my new memory?

Only in my laptop, that's where!

Correct items, excellent service: definitely recommended.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I always hate to see a thread that no-one has responded to at all, because a little bit of me dies when people ignore my threads. But with this, I'm at a bit of a loss to know what it's a about. Do you mean that you had lost your memory, and have had to get an entirely new memory of your life to date created and stored on your laptop? Because that would be truly awesome!

For my new memory, I would like to start young. I'd like to remember breast feeding, naturally. But instead of my real mother I'll order a memory of suckling on Vanessa Paradis (who is roughly the right age). I'd like to be able to remember the feeling of squeezing out a turd almost a third of my own body weight, straight into a nappy and knowing with total clarity that someone else was going to clean it up and that I would not always be able to do this and it was something to be savoured.

Pushing on, I'd like to remember a childhood as described in Danny, Champion of the World, with lots of adventures, pheasant poaching, go-cart racing, learning the names of butterflies and endless days feeling up girls with freckles behind haystacks.

I reckon I'd order a near-death experience too. something I could dine out on for ever. Maybe involving an alligator and some pirates in which I came out looking conspicuously heroic. A lot more sex obviously. This is going to major on girls with long legs and freckles, a lot of laughing and no-one ever breaking down in tears and mumbling "I hate this, why do we do it?".

Possibly some sporting achievements. I'd like to remember winning a bike race that someone else had entered, that'd be great, sailing across the line with time to do my jersey up and punch the air a bit, slowed down with a great soundtrack. A whole lot less of that flat feeling of succeeding in exams and knowing it wasn't really an achievement. I'd insist on remembering meeting Jarvis Cocker in the mid-nineties in a pub in Brixton, and we'll keep in the time that Paul Lazenby said hello to me because he thought I was someone else, only when he realises it's me rather than the bloke he thought it was he's impressed rather than disappointed.

A whole load of one-off sunny evenings on the south downs with a last blaze of light and a fox contouring across the field. Plenty of the feeling of nettle stings pinging as you get into a hot bath, and mental tan-lines. The girls with the freckles would be pretty impressed with them. And I'd like to remember a lammergeier soaring over the road as I crest the summit of the Tourmalet in glorious sunshine by myself. That's the crucial memory.

thepurist

Ummm not quite BD – http://www.crucial.com/uk/ – had the same service from them myself.

Though your post does sound a bit more fun. Especially the girls with freckles.

retro83
    Free Member

A whole load of one-off sunny evenings on the south downs with a last blaze of light and a fox contouring across the field. Plenty of the feeling of nettle stings pinging as you get into a hot bath, and mental tan-lines. The girls with the freckles would be pretty impressed with them. And I'd like to remember a lammergeier soaring over the road as I crest the summit of the Tourmalet in glorious sunshine by myself. That's the crucial memory.

😆

BigDummy
    Free Member

That's a bit of a let-down. Still, I'm glad they're are good at what they do, but I reckon there's a big gap in the market if someone could do what I thought it was they did. 🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

Was just meant to be a recommendation for a company with great customer service, but if BigDummy can recommend a site which sells whatever he's smoking or injecting I'd be very interested (and so would the Feds, I guess!)

JulianA
    Free Member

BigDummy's reply has got to be the reply of the year though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crucial Memory’ is closed to new replies.