Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Cr@p food you eat after a ride
  • DarrenH

As the title says.
    Just got back in from a ride and stuffed 2 bags of crisps, a sausage roll and big glass of full fat coke down my neck.
    All my good work undone!
    Please tell me I’m not the only one 😐

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Nope.

Especially if stop on the way back from a ride. old Ronald his Big mac can crop up.

binners

Post ride kebabs after night rides are the bestest thing ever

Anything pastry based is always fair game

LeeW

Blackfriars flapjacks, 49p from Aldi.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Lager
    Spicy or dry roasted nuts

unklehomered
    Free Member

when i lived in leeds, 18 inch Donner meat and Jalepino Pizza, and a bottle of red. Hmmmm

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Mars Milk, nom nom

grum
    Free Member

Crimbles Macaroons are a favourite of mine. And I always have a Mars ‘recovery drink’ too 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Donner meat and Jalepino Pizza

When I lived in Hull our local pizza takeaway did something similar. That and gravy and chips are about the only thing I miss from up there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Late finishing 4hr MTB rides can end up in the Chippie where haddock, chips and mushy peas get nom’ed , quite often feeling sick as we peddle back the 20mins to the carpark.. Urgh, it’s not a pretty sight.
    If I’m driving back from a ride I sometimes pop into the Big M.

sandwicheater

Pint and nuts followed by another pint.

Coyote
    Free Member

Post ride beer is a sacred rite. Hobgoblin or similar in the darker months and something lighter when it’s sunny.

sandwicheater

OK, and a pork pie if it’s been a long ride

sandwicheater

Bloody hell alright, and some crips and if I’m driving some chocolate.

justatheory
    Free Member

Pie barm with gravy

argoose
    Free Member

Dirtiest, greasiest kabab going. But no salad, “I ain’t no wabbit”

carlphillips
    Free Member

had 3 hours across beautiful sunny dartmoor this morning..finished it off woth a pint of jail ale and some nuts and some chips….mmmmmmmm

Steve77
    Free Member

KFC

DarrenH

Post ride kebab, I like the sound of that.
    Just popping out for a bit…

tazzymtb

if i’ve been out more than 3 hours of hard riding rather than a bimble, a lovely slice of cake and maybe a nice cup of tea with some milk.

McHamish
    Free Member

I ate a burger and chips once near Box Hill after riding about 25 miles off road, but I had to ride 25 miles back home. So this was mid ride rather than post ride.

I was starving hungry, but on the ride home I seriously considered making myself sick as I felt so bloated on the way home.

Haven’t done that again.

neninja
    Free Member

Last night wasn’t a good one nutritionally.

Went for a decent ride in the evening. A mate then called round to see if I fancied a pint just as I’d got back so I went to the pub and missed dinner. As a result, dinner consisted of 2 pints of Brains SA, a shared bag of Cheese and Onion Walkers and 1/2 bag of pork scratchings (the pub make their own).

tomhoward

Anything that’s both in front of me and safe for human consumption!

But chippy/kebab shop would feature heavily if I actually planned it…

hmanchester
    Free Member

Not necessarily DarrenH, it depends on what you’re aiming for!

If it’s increased performance then although that’s by no means great recovery food, it’s still not all your good work undone.

If you’re looking for weight loss then, yes, you can’t out train a bad diet. This guy ran 10 marathons in 10 days. Pastabelly.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    if i’ve been out more than 3 hours of hard riding rather than a bimble, a lovely slice of cake and maybe a nice cup of tea with some milk.

Who are you and what have you done with Taz??

Or

You are Surfmat and I claim my £5…

Just back from a two hour roadride, and a Thai beef curry with noodles and grated cheese consumed now for some Hobgoblin

pinhead
    Free Member

A nice tub of hydrogenated fat does the job for me after a ride.

sambob
    Free Member

Yup, normally a bacon sandwich or two. Then end up eating loads of crap at work on saturday night. Then do the same on a Sunday at work. Sausage and cheese toasty ftw.

tazzymtb

Who are you and what have you done with Taz??

he’s been replaced with a leaner, faster more singlespeedy version than ever before!*

*apart this weekends monster beer fags and kebab session 😥

Dancake
    Free Member

I was forced to have a Pint of Cider in Cranham and came home to a (far too large) bowl of chilli.

It is the giant bar of Galaxy that followed that I am most ashamed of

mjsmke

Its almost a tradition for myself and my girlfriend to order a curry after an xc ride on saturdays. The last 5 miles is spent deciding what to order…. really makes you ride faster too!

theotherjonv

not riding, but just spent the last 90 mins speed gardening (digging mainly). Ended up with tremors (low blood sugar, I’m pretty sure), and now currently eating anything that doesn’t move in our house. So far chicken stir fry left overs, handful of tortilla chips, handful of pringles (tortilla chips ran out), some chorizo, a bit of cheese, yoghurt, and debating a bowl of cereals now.

_tom_
    Free Member

Beer + curry or a steak ftw.

tony_m
    Free Member

McD’s after both rides this weekend (urban exploration Saturday, mtb Sunday). 😳

Hareydan
    Free Member

I had a buy one get one free voucher for domino’s, seemed rude not to use it after riding on Saturday…

Haze

Biscuits.

Have also been known to carry a pastie home in my jersey pocket…

DarrenH

MrsH came home with a big mac meal.
    She’s a keeper 😀

midlifecrashes

Came back tonight after a couple of hours, mrsmidlife handed me a glass of red and a bowl of olives.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Every weekend without fail – cup of tea and a pork & leek slice from the Peaslake Village Stores….

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Cr@p food you eat after a ride’ is closed to new replies.