Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • crowthorne/wokingham/sandhurst people….
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

anyone a member of the edgebarrow gym?

if so then i’d welcome your opinions on its facilities and the overall “hotness” of the punters…. ideally i’d like you to tell me that:

its full of hot women and they outnumber the guys by 10:1

the only guys that go are ugly as sin, with fat rolls held up in wheelbarrows.

if you say the secret code words on arrival then you get a membership for free

weight loss and male model body is promised withing 3 hours of (light) effort

😆

but failing that if anyone has any info on if there’s any bike storage outside, good changing facilties etc etc that’d be appreciated.

wurd to your mums x

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m a member of Nirvana in Wokingham

Women to men ratio 10:1 (easily), split evenly between hot/milf/grannies.

:-p

Only problem is it’s not local enough to be usefull to me at the moment so is just costing me £65 a month for almost nothing 🙁

IME the best gym is one thats within walking distnce even in the snow/rain/sleet/dodgy area of town. Riding to the gym is a none starter for me, if its nice enough to be riding I wont go!

philconsequence
    Free Member

hmmm saw nirvana come up in the search listings…. but the council run edgebarrow one looks like it’ll be the best for money, and from what i can tell the memberhsip means i’d have access to the gym at sandhurst school (which is less then 10 minutes walk away… but only open in the evenings and weekends)

know what you mean about riding to the gym as a possible non-starter… i’d have to ride past the turning for devils highway which leads directly into swinley. i hope to remedy this by using only an old halfrauds BSO to get to the gym as there’s no way i’d trust the handlebars not to fall off when going over anything other than a curb.

cheers for the reply though dude! where abouts are you based?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I live in Wokingham (Near Molly Millars Lane)

If you choose to go to Nirvana give me a shout as I’m sure I’ve got a recomend a friend pass type thing somewhere.

I almost prefer riding allong nine mile ride to the lookout then back through the woods to cesars camp, devils highway just looks miserable even in summer and always seems realy hard going?

cinnamon_girl

Years ago I used to belong to Edgbarrow Gym but became very disenchanted when using during the day. This will sound very un-PC but I got hacked off with the people there on ‘GP prescription’ so therefore not paying anything.

Equipment was cluttered by them not doing a lot, gossiping, not having anything else to do and generally having no grasp of gym etiquette. My workout seemed to double in time due to waiting around for equipment.

I obviously realise that a small number were committed but many were not.

Some friends belong to Wellington College gym but there are restrictions as to what time the public can use it. There’s a swimming pool too and lots of classes. I do however think the membership is pretty expensive especially as it really does resemble school facilities and definitely not posh!

I used to belong to Foundation Fitness in College Town. Really liked it there and some very good spinning classes too – plenty of totty!

philconsequence
    Free Member

@TINAP: devils highway is long, straight and hilly… can see why you’d get bored quickly! i still prefer it over any other route as i’m constantly being reminded about wearing down my tyres on the road lol

@CG: know what you mean about the GP-induced gym goers… used to be a lot at the gym in yately run by haart council, although i used to go in the mornigns after night shifts and it was mainly the older crew, very polite and i was never made to feel out of place like some gyms (having dreads instantly singled me out from all the hardcore chavs and i used to get stared out constantly)

i think i might pop down there after work and check it out 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you want a no nosense cheep gym try the sports accademy in Witley Wood, out of your way, but was arround £18 a month including the pool! Locals were a bit odd though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘crowthorne/wokingham/sandhurst people….’ is closed to new replies.