Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Crowthorne Woods Routes?
  • Notter
    Free Member

Morning all, I'm a Bracknell Forest local but really only ride the Swinley trails. Now I know there's plenty of stuff in Crowthorne Woods (was shown around there once when I got back into riding, and obviously the Gorrick series regularly appears there) but no idea where the good stuff is.

So does anyone have any GPX loops that I can get started with or any other pointers? (e-mail in profile!)

Ta!

16stonepig
    Free Member

Too much stuff in a very small area for there to be "routes" really. Just keep following singletrack wherever you see it and you're bound to find something good. You may end up just riding in circles, but that can still be fun.

Notter
    Free Member

Thanks stonepig, i know it's similar to Swinley in that it's a voyage of discovery!!

Can you suggest the best "entry point" for Crowthorne? Is it off Dukes Ride (ie Crowthorne Village itself?)

rootes1

if you go over now you will be able to follow the gorrick race route

cinnamon_girl

As far as I am aware, Crowthorne Woods is the area that has Broadmoor running alongside. In other words, the underpass/Devil's Highway separates Swinley Forest from Crowthorne Woods.

There are a few trails on this side and they do get used by dog walkers.

cinnamon_girl

Notter – it is not far to ride to that area from The Look Out. You are close to Caesar's Camp.

16stonepig
    Free Member

The BOBs often park in the Broadmoor carpark and ride up Devil's Highway to the underpass (should be obvious on the OS map), then head north into the woods. However, I don't think it's a officially a public carpark, although I've never heard of anyone being clamped/ticketed.

spacemonkey

As CG says, park at the Look Out and head west. You'll get a nice little warm-up along the way.

Q: Are there any sections on the Broadmoor side of the 3095?

DezB
    Free Member

Get one of those nice Tunnel Hill Troll fellas to guide you?

anjs
    Free Member

yes there is some very old / interesting motor cross stuff on Butter hill if you are feeling brave.

spacemonkey

yes there is some very old / interesting motor cross stuff on Butter hill if you are feeling brave.

Hmm, I see Butter Hill is just beside Butter Bottom … not the place you want to venture through in the dark 😯

Notter
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, may see you out there!

anjs
    Free Member

Even more so if the siren goes off as its right next to Broadmoor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Crowthorne Woods Routes?’ is closed to new replies.