Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crowdfunded watch
  • CountZero

I thought this might be of interest to some of the watch types on here, it’s a rather lovely dive watch with a bronze case,
    Currently being crowdfunded. Not stupidly expensive, either, by comparison to many out there, (particularly many I was looking at in Burlington Arcade, London, last week. 😯 ).
    Sadly beyond my meagre budget, but some may be looking for something a bit different and special.
    Zelos Abyss Dive Watch
    http://everydaycarry.com/posts/4235/Zelos_Abyss_Dive_Watch

zilog6128

What an odd website. Makes me wonder how I make it through the day unscathed with just wallet, keys, phone and (non tactical) comb in my pockets!

samuri
    Free Member

Watch looks nice. The website is utterly bizarre and a trifle worrying. Does that bloke actually carry all that stuff with him every day?

My everyday carry comes down to phone, keys and watch.

Why does he carry an iphone AND an ipod? Why a wallet, coin purse AND card holder?

stumpy01

The watch. It’s OK, I guess. Not really my thing. Can’t say I’d be taking it down to 3000m to check the specs.

Does anyone need a watch that is waterproof to 3km underwater?

And bronze. Isn’t it quite a soft material, relatively speaking? I think it would get knocked about and look quite tatty if you weren’t careful with it.

The website is a bit weird – so, people upload the stuff that they carry on them everyday? Like a “look at my stuff” show & tell….?

This guy has got issues – 57 items:

http://everydaycarry.com/posts/4186/Ready_for_anything

Bregante

Nice to see that he’s packing “honest Amish extreme grit beard wax”.

I wouldn’t leave home without it 😆

maccruiskeen

If you’re using bronze for its resistance to seawater corrosion….. why use leather for the strap?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you’re using bronze for its resistance to seawater corrosion….. why use leather for the strap?

Because stainless doesn’t like being exposed to chlorides for long periods of time, and leather’s pretty resistant to sea water? I’ve had more stainless fittings fail on boats than I’ve had leather parts rot (befor they wore out anyway).

Cougar

I quite like the EDC concept but it is a bit of an odd Americanism. Usually includes enough firepower to revolutionise a small country too.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

$699 seems like a lot of money to pretend you go diving when the Apeks 1000M watch with helium pressure release and pu (sea water resistant) band is £99 from Sim[ply Scuba

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Nice to see that he’s packing “honest Amish extreme grit beard wax”.

I wouldn’t leave home without it
    ..or the moo leather business card holder which I’m sure will be indispensable come the post nuclear apocalypse

lemonysam
    Free Member

Hang on, one of those people is carrying an iPhone and a nineties style pocket electronic dictionary…

How bizarre.

CountZero

I find the EDC site endlessly fascinating, and it did encourage me to cut down on the amount of junk I tended to shove in my pockets. The amount of junk I carry in my courier bag is quite another matter…

Why does he carry an iphone AND an ipod? Why a wallet, coin purse AND card holder?

I now have to carry both my phone and my iPod, due to upgraded security at work, I am banned from having a phone of any sort in my main work area, in fact I cannot have my wallet, money, keys, pocket knife with me, they have to be locked away. Even my coat has to be hung in a communal area. This is after a PCI/GC audit before we take on a new client.
    I can, however, use an iPod, so I now carry both.
    Oh, and I carry my change in a leather bag, because a Jimi Wallet has no facility for change, and I broke an expensive Oakley wallet by trying to stuff too much loose change into the little pocket.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crowdfunded watch’ is closed to new replies.