Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CrossDuro Wales
  • molgrips
    Free Member
    lotto
    Free Member

Yes looks good. Signed up for further alerts.

tillydog
    Free Member

I like the idea, but I can’t help thinking that it’ll all come crashing down, because they (the “Racing Collective”) are effectively organising races on public roads and bridleways:

“Riders acknowledge they are riding on open roads/public rights of way using untested GPS tracks.”

and

“first person at the finish wins”

or

“Person with the lowest aggregate time over the segments wins.??”

They try and disclaim any liability (which I suspect wouldn’t work if there ever was an incident):

“Every rider is responsible for his/her actions. Riders acknowledge that The Racing Collective is run by volunteers with no experience in event management/risk mitigation and many of the routes are untested prior to the event. As such, the rider is responsible for his/her actions; the collective itself carries no liability.”

But go on to impose rules (with the implication that “they”, the RC are taking some responsibility for riders’ fate):

“3. Cycle helmets, lights, reflective gear and fully functional bicycle with brakes are mandatory.”

“7. Competitive cycling insurance is mandatory.”

I can’t see that “Competitive cycling insurance” is going to be worth anything in what looks like an illegal race, and even other insurance must surely be be suspect when engaged in racing on public roads, etc.

I would love something like this to work, but… :-/

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah it is a bit of a risk isn’t it? But then again, if it’s effectivley nothing but a group ride on a Strava club, and there’s no prize for getting the KOM on that segment – is it really a race?

I quite like the route though. Would make a good one day challenge.

SaxonRider

I agree with you, molgrips. It would also give me something to look forward to, cycling-wise.

molgrips
    Free Member

You fancy it as a one-day job? Or the scheduled event?

SaxonRider

Well, you’ll remember that I was going to do the Tintern to St David’s thing in one day. This might do either as an alternative, or as an additional one day event.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep. Might be easier than the Ridgeway due to the amount of road. Let’s find out!

tillydog
    Free Member

Route looks interesting, but would be >>1 day for me 🙂

I like this one, too:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1070415628

Here it is in a day!

Bike Radar Video

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I’d be optimistic. 50% more climbing than the Ridgeway double but so much fast road.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CrossDuro Wales’ is closed to new replies.