Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • cross tyre recommendations and frame fit pumps on cross bikes?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Using some conti twisters (32s) at the moment which are fine but i was thinking of 35 speedkings or something a bit fatter than 32. Only compromise is use the cross bike to get to uni (not far at all) and when riding at weekend I cover about 15 miles on roads to get to the mud so prob need something not too overkill for that.

also anyone using a framefit pump on their cross bikes? looks terrible but more practical than me sticking a pump in my jersey pocket

oldgit
    Free Member

I raced the Speed Kings and they were pretty good. Now I'm using them a bit like you i.e a road ride out to my local off road loop then back. They do seem pretty faultless considering how cheap they are.

I'm considering a F/F pump, they don't look bad IMO, I think those stubby things hanging off your bottle cage look worse and the good thing is they actually work very well. However I'm using Co2 at the mo, so everything goes in a lttle seat bag.
    So both bits work and don't cost much, can't see anything wrong with that.

fontmoss
    Free Member

conti "cyclo cross" tyres are another option prob not a lot between them and speed kings

let me know how you go with pumps though

boxelder

I'm tempted to try some cindercross but they're not cheap. The MTB 1.95" version rolls pretty fast, but grips well.

fontmoss
    Free Member

maybe theres a wire version?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘cross tyre recommendations and frame fit pumps on cross bikes?’ is closed to new replies.