Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cross drains, pinch punctures and tubeless set ups
  • juggins

So did the loop above Glen Feshie today and the stunning descent from Carn Ban Mor. But and it’s a ride ruining but there are so many cross drains, have had pinch punctures in the past and was a bit paranoid has anyone tried a tubeless set up to allow jumping of about 2 thousand cross drains, OK I exaggerate slightly.

As for the ascent up the never ending track I had the legs for it they are just attached to the wrong body!

Cheers

footflaps

You don’t get pinch punctures with tubeless, which is one of the main advantages in using it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not trying to be funny but are the drains not hop/jumpable?

juggins

Probably ! But just do not seem to be able to master that especially when they are coming thick and fast

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can still get pinch punctures with tubeless. Some drainage is very hard to hop

d45yth
    Free Member

If you’re that bothered about the pinch punctures, put another 5psi in your back tyre. Lift your front wheel over them and let your back wheel go light if you can’t jump them.
    I found the one’s near Glenfeshie and the hundreds that are up near Torridon, quite rideable. A lot easier than some of the one’s we have here in the Lakes…it seems like those who created them, made them bad for bikes on purpose!

coffeeking
    Free Member

As above, shove up the rear pressure to deal with dodgy hopping skills and practice when you get chance, it makes a really big difference to the flow of your riding if you can nail it. Start by learning to hop up kerbs on the road, if you can nail that you can hop pretty much any drainage.

One of the worst type I’ve been over were those where they use armco laid flat – hit it with just too much front wheel pressure off-perpendicular and you’re on your side in a nanosecond lol.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Even with no tubes, hit some thing hard enough and the rim will cut through the tire. meh!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cross drains, pinch punctures and tubeless set ups’ is closed to new replies.