Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • cross brakes bodge needed
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

just put new pads in my cross brakes, they were a bit loose when in place but popped the wheel in anyway and they just fell out. they only seem a shade too narrow in the channel-any bodges to make it work or do i need to find some that actually fit?

ta

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

You probably have campag fit ones instead of shimango ones

Mister-P
    Free Member

Bodge brakes? No thanks, they are the one thing I like to know are working properly.

fontmoss
    Free Member

pretty sure they're not campag fit, these ones

Mister P, not so much after I complained about cross brakes being rubbish* and was shot down by all the race bods

*and if they're rubbish anyway no great loss

fontmoss
    Free Member

anyone? just normal shimano br550 brakes

Freewheel
    Free Member

Just for reference, I've NEVER come across a set of pads that were "a bit loose" when fitting. I've always found the refill pads a good fit and require a slight to firm push to slide them in. No experience with Clarks pads though, maybe they have a QC issue? Also, normally there is a little split pin type thingy that locks the pads to the holder, even if the pads were loose this should stop them falling out completely.

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah pins were in, im a bit confused too but ill have another bash during the week

mefty
    Free Member

Are they Avid brakes?

nickc

Superglue the f**kers in there, and replace the whole lot next time round?

fontmoss
    Free Member

Are they Avid brakes?

no shimano

id rather buy another set of pads now than fork out for brakes further down the line!

antigee

"you must have modified your brakes"*

this response to brake pad problems is ©super-star components

used when i complained that i had to drill out the holes on some pads and had the cheek to suggest they may have a quality problem

nickc

Ditch them and buy more new pads.

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah the prob now is which pads and how i know they're wide enough, there was nothing to suggest the clarks wouldnt fit 🙁

couby
    Free Member

dude, iv just replaced my pads with the koolstop ones, they were a VERY tight fit. might be an idea to investigate them?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Isn't this what LBS's are for, take your bike and the current pads…look at the pads on offer, pick ones that look like they'll fit. Try them there and then! 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah that was the first port of call, they werent sure…

not all lbs' are created equal

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘cross brakes bodge needed’ is closed to new replies.