Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cross Bikes – really shouldn't leave it so long next time [PICS]
  • Alex

Not sure I’ve ridden my CX bike since August. Ridden my MTBs a lot and my road bike not at all.

Lowlights by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Not Cross at all by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Leafy Trails by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

3 mins ride from our house by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Quick 15 minutes on terrible roads to the local woods, an hour messing about on surprisingly dry tracks, another quick road spin and a lovely singletrack to finish. That last photo is about 3 mins from our house and I always try and ride up there to get a look at the view.

Forgot how much fun CX bikes are. So responsive and fast. Need to sort my BB5s out tho – nearly ended up lunching myself into a tractor at the end of our road. Brake full on, could still turn wheel by hand. That made some of the descents quite lively!

Off to Spain for a few days MTBing on Monday but would be more than happy to ride those trails on that bike every day next week. It’s definitely going to get a bit more love these next few months.

Still amazing colours – anyone else got some autumn shots?

bones76
    Free Member

I also love the cross bike these days and can’t get enough, am addicted…

I bought my first one last year as i intended to race and i did and still am racing but i also choose to enter the 3 peaks and so i started taking the cross bike off road a lot more while doing my training and i can’t get over how much stick you can give these bikes and how rough of terrain you can actually ride and descending is just awesome and am descending things that i thought a year ago could only be ridden by a mountain bike!

If you have never tried one of these bikes then you need to have a go!!

Be warned though… if ridden well they are highly addictive!!!

eskay

It is my favourite bike.

Alex

Most of the trails I ride mine on are rooty singletrack. When i first had the bike it was a a bit hang on and hope. But they do go super nicely if you stay off the brakes. Not sure I’d fancy it in the peaks tho!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cross Bikes – really shouldn't leave it so long next time [PICS]’ is closed to new replies.