Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Crop Circles.. Made by Bob with a stick or ET
  • CountZero

Well, I certainly recognise that big hummock, I drove past it this afternoon going to and from Savernake Forest, walking, not biking; 7.8 miles around the forest.
    The other two pics I would hazard a guess at Imber, never been there, so it’s just a guess.

cinnamon_girl

Is cycling permitted in Savernake Forest? Worth a look?

Yes, the pics are of Imber and it was my second visit today. Amazing place in a valley surrounded by empty ‘houses’, together with a shocking history. The church was open and has some interesting stuff to read.

Moses

Nice, I camped not far away from there last weekend, at Honey Street.
    The Westeley Woods are quite pleasant to ride in, too.

As for crop circles, Mrs M is a Wiltshire farmer’s daughter. When crop circles were first reported widely he was quite dismissive – something on the lines of, “huh, they’re nothing new, we’ve been getting them on the farm at least since the 1940s”
    Thye were quite simple ones, apparently, just single circles of flattened grass or crops.

CountZero

Hi c_g, there’s lots of cheeky little trails through the forest, some of it’s fenced for grazing animals, and there’s a bit over the far side which I’ve ridden through, but the roads are marked as private access.
    Here’s where I was walking today:

There are tyre tracks around a lot of where I went, although one or two places were difficult to get through on foot, a bike would be impossible. The Lodge is a private area, the rest, pretty much go where you want/can get through.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My first croppie of the year!!
    Those of you with a keen eye and attention for detail will know where abouts in Yorkshire I am (the clues in the distance) and the croppie itself wasn’t that large, it was close to a cheeky trail, about 80 in dia and looked like a bloke on a bike no less..
    Funny I had to travel uooop North to get my first one in, and early Sept too..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Why can’t I see the piccy from Picasa??

Sob, sob, sob..

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Crop Circles.. Made by Bob with a stick or ET’ is closed to new replies.