Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Croozer Kid Trailer
  • rooney
    Free Member

Anyone use this for towing jnr about?
    Looking at getting one just after some honest reviews 🙂

mtbfix

We have a kid4two. Great product but the little one didn’t like it when she was tiny. Just be sure you do not frequently have to negotiate gates etc with a trailer as they then become a PITA.

ourmaninthenorth

Yes. We have an older model – 737 I think. Toddler North seems quite happy in it. Sadly, there’s a paucity of off-road paths near me, so it’s only really used for riding to the local park 🙁

joemarshall
    Free Member

We’ve had one since 6 months and Rose loves it. She’s now 2 and a half, and we still use it, it is pretty much as good as new after well over a thousand miles, except for a few scrapes where I bottomed it out riding down a too narrow track in Shinin, Cliff Woods.

Tons of luggage space – ours has been bike camping twice with all the gear for the two of us in the back of the trailer (and teddy bears, toys, books, nappies etc.) You notice the weight on the hills, but not so much on flat roads – I’ve done 40 miles in a day no problems (Belper to Tissington, Tissington Trail, High Peak Trai then back to Belper). Great for picnics, shopping trips. We have a double, which limits you to wide singletrack, but means you can give friends a lift, which Rose likes. I’d buy single if you were thinking of going for anything super narrow, although round here in Derbyshire I rarely have any problems (and I tend to only take it places where I know the route anyway).

When you first get it, use it a lot, and try to use it at nap time, that way they get used to it, and also learn to sleep in it. Ours is a real baby sleep machine – she’s had three hour naps at times!

Oh and if your baby is young, don’t forget the baby sling, which is also brilliant – Rose grew out at just over one but she was a teeny tiny kid then, so expect it to run out by one or so.

rooney
    Free Member

Cheers , live next to glentress, cademuir, cardrona close so lots of exploring 🙂

rooney
    Free Member

What age you start? Reading 14 weeks plus for gentle ride and run

joemarshall
    Free Member

Baby sling is for from one month using it as a pushchair according to the instructions, but that would feel a little early to me for biking personally. We started at 6 months and could easily have done earlier though. I think probably 3 months or so would have been fine. I’ve seen 12 weeks recommended by croozer somewhere on the web for ‘very gentle biking’.

The recommendations are different in every country – in Canada it is supposedly illegal to take an under 1 year old on the road, so they recommend starting at 1 there, whereas in the Netherlands it is normal to take very small babies on bikes, so they recommend quite young.

mrhoppy

We started at 3 months on forest roads and were using it on more bumpy sections not too much later. We found hoppy jr got a bit bounced around though and we struggled to get a good fit, we’ve now got a chariot and its better, the suspension makes it a little less rattly and the whole unit is a little narrower and packs down a little smaller, makes getting it in the car quite a lot easier.

Garry_Lager

They are great. We have the double and it’s well made, the kids love it, easy to use etc etc. The only weakness is it’s a bit of a battleship. This means a lot of space inside, which is good, but you’d need to plan ahead with any off-road adventure – it would be too hefty for the pie run at GT, say, although the single croozer might make it down with a bit of finesse.

RoterStern
    Free Member

If you are intending to do any off-roading with a trailer, be warned…they roll very easily if you are not careful. I have a Chariot Cougar II which is slightly more up market than the Croozer but much less so than previous incarnations. If you are planning to do some serious mountain biking with the little one ‘in tow’ then one of these is the only option.

rooney
    Free Member

Cheers for all the info. Looking forward to it ….. Only 8 weeks to wait 🙂

rooney
    Free Member

Joe are you selling the sling?

Stoner
    Free Member

So good, that when we had ours stolen in France last summer, we got a replacement as soon as we got back. One of the best bits of kit we own.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-r9h3OP13G7E/TgjnxmgM7wI/AAAAAAAAABg/6zRIWQSkW44/s400/IMAG0237.jpg[/img][img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Rw0qqK_dE0E/TgjnsMOIAYI/AAAAAAAAAA0/oRUigRG-pq0/s400/IMAG0032a.JPG[/img]

joemarshall
    Free Member

Joe are you selling the sling?

Nope sorry, friends had twins recently* and needed a second baby sling for theirs, so it is on a long term borrow right now.

Joe

*I can’t wait to see their setup – 2 babies in the Croozer, plus some kind of bike seat for their 2 year old, will be brilliant!

rooney
    Free Member

Is the rain cover needed?

Liking the photos.

Stoner
    Free Member

nah.

There’s a fixed spray cover that goes over the gravel/fly guard for wet weather. The rest of it will take a hose pipe.

kimbers

we have a kid for 2
    it is wide!

but awesome loads of storage space as well which is handy with kids

we have the baby sling too which is quite good for when they are smaller (kimers jr prob a bit to big for the sling here!)

rooney
    Free Member

Well my cruiser kid for 1 arrived last night! Looks magic. Just need to order sling now then good to go. Thanks for all the help and info.
    Cheers
    Sam

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Croozer Kid Trailer’ is closed to new replies.