• This topic has 19 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Croix de Fer 15…
  • iainc

looks lovely. Almost wish I’d waited and not bought a 2014 one last Christmas…

doncorleoni
    Free Member

It’s called the croix de fer 20 which is new for 2015. I actually think it looks plop 🙁 which is a shame as I was waiting for this. I prefer the straight forks on the 2014 to be honest (going by some of the reviews I am not alone). It’s pretty expensive too for the spec. However saying all this…. I am waiting for the croix de fer 30 which I think looks lovely….

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/genesis-croix-de-fer-30-first-look-41889/

iainc

yeah, i dont think the forks look as good as the 2014 one, but they’ve sorted the mud clearance which was an issue for many, Jamie incl. ( I haven’t had a problem with this but I dont ride it much in the mud)and the brakes etc look tidy. Would be a hard choice now between this and the Arkose 4 for me. Although i agree the 30 looks even better !

Jamie
    Free Member

Would be a hard choice now between this and the Arkose 4 for me.

Heh. Is this going to be like last year, and everyone wants an Arkose, but ends up buying something else?

iainc

Jamie – aye, a bit Deja Vu indeed 🙂

Thankfully I love the 14 Croix and wouldn’t be able to justify a change…..

Jamie
    Free Member

You sure? 😈

scotroutes

Are those new carbon forks still 1 1/8th straight steerer?

iainc

😛

zilog6128

And more importantly (because the carbon fork will apparently be available separately) will it play nice with the previous model Croixs considering the change in geometry?

(Yes, I did email Genesis weeks ago and they never bothered replying)

Jamie
    Free Member

(Yes, I did email Genesis weeks ago and they never bothered replying)

Never lose hope. I got a reply after about 5 weeks from them once.

Admittedly, a few other times they didn’t bother to respond. Makes you wonder why they have contact details on their site.

scotroutes

That’s the news I was wanting to hear!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am trying to find out on the fork question, will let you know when I know.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Does it still weigh a tonne? As others have said the forks are horrible, straight blade would look so much better.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Does it still weigh a tonne?

it only weighs a ton because of the wheels. Mine weight 22.5lbs with some ultegra/105, stans iron cross on hope and tubeless, which isn’t bad for a reasonably comfy steel bike I think. Would be less with carbon forks.

At the higher price though one wonders whether you could build up a better spec from individual components.

chrisr1983
    Free Member

The 2015 fork doesn’t fit the old cdf BUT they’re releasing a new carbon fork for the older models.

Jamie
    Free Member

At the higher price though one wonders whether you could build up a better spec from individual components.

You could with the 2014 model.

zilog6128

it only weighs a ton because of the wheels. Mine weight 22.5lbs with some ultegra/105, stans iron cross on hope and tubeless, which isn’t bad for a reasonably comfy steel bike I think. Would be less with carbon forks.

Yeah I have the 725 frame with Open Pros on Hope hubs and 105, not weighed it but it doesn’t feel heavy (once I’ve taken off the rack/panniers/etc!)

The 2015 fork doesn’t fit the old cdf BUT they’re releasing a new carbon fork for the older models.

Sweet.

ampthill

I prefer the look of a curved fork

Its suggests that it will absorb impacts, even if it doesn’t

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am not so sure the old fork is that bad – the bike feels nice and springy and I enjoy hammering around the common and bridleways on it safe in the knowledge that it’s not going to break…

iainc

I haven’t ever felt hampered by the 2014 fork, even on some proper rocky stuff that is much better on a MTB. Similarly the lack of mud clearance has never been an issue for the off road stuff I do but then I don’t ride in claggy clayey soil.

I don’t think the Hayes CX experts are anything to write home about though

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Croix de Fer 15…’ is closed to new replies.