Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Croix de fer 10 or Specialized Sequoia?
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

@ElShalimo, it turned up today. First short 20 mile spin and it rolls very well. Heavier than listed (shocker) and I’ll be changing the bars and stem. Already changed seatpin, saddle and tyres. I like it. Loads of clearance under fork and around stays. I’m wondering if a 29×2.0 like a Kenda small block 8 would clear.

superpletch
    Free Member

all posts from UK? there are next to no sequoia’s here in USA. ordered mine (58 elite) in August and still waiting!! almost pulled plug and bought a Jamis last week, but Specialized promised 2 weeks. its awesome to see pictures and hear how they are riding. thank you. Cheerio!

bmblbzzz
    Free Member

No photos – well, it was raining – but finally got to ride it properly today. Good bike! Coming mainly from a road background (I’ve often ridden mtbs but never done any mtbing, if you see what I mean) I was immediately struck by the stability, especially at low speed. I think this was mainly down to the tyres. It was definitely the tyres soaking buzz from what I know are otherwise (even on a smooth, steel-framed road bike with 28mm tyres) annoying chip-seal surfaces. That also allowed me to ride certain muddy but smooth and flat paths and tracks, which I can also ride on the road bike, significantly faster, more easily, in comfort, not worrying about line and with no offputting squirming in mud. Downside is that I felt the weight up hill. Or maybe it was those tyres again? Actually, it was about 50% down to my legs today…

Love the flared bars. The shape makes the drops really easily usable and makes it easier to change gear from the drops. I did find the reach very short, so that there’s no room for a “straight bit behind the hoods” position. It’s also quite upright.

Not overwhelmed by the discs in the rain but impressed by their controllability, feel at the lever and the way they don’t care about mud.

Need to sort out some lights – or, um, you know, get out earlier – for some longer rides now the nights are drawing in.

Viewing 3 posts - 121 through 123 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Croix de fer 10 or Specialized Sequoia?’ is closed to new replies.