Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Croatia/Split – family holiday, any good outfits that organise rides?
  • santacoops
    Free Member

Anyone been? Where should i suggest we stay so i can get a couple of rides in with an uplift group or bike hire for good trails?

tthew

I looked for a group ride or hire bike in Dubrovnik a couple of years ago. Nada, (as the locals might say). The only kind of organised riding I could find was a 7 day touring trip of the islands.

Like a lot of eastern Europe, the attitude seems to be bikes are transport for poor people and kids toys.

aide

I went last year (omis) and my other half told me with glee ‘….and theres a bike hire shop just done the road from the hotel’ so took my helmet/pads and all. When i got there the bikes where all the same and i reckon i would of broke them in 5 minutes (rim brakes, narrow bars, tourer/explorer type of bike). Although i did find some cracking (walking) trails that i would of loved to try out on something that could of went the distance. Maybe a bigger town would have something but never really seen any going about

wrecker
    Free Member

There is some stuff on Brac. Featured in a magazine recently. I think there’s a bloke who offers guiding on an informal basis. Pretty sure I saw him knocking about in enduro kit on a bronson or nomad when I was there last. Fantastic place for a holiday too.
    This may be a good person for a bit of advice (he says on a post to get on touch for advice);
    https://www.facebook.com/MtbCroatia/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Croatia/Split – family holiday, any good outfits that organise rides?’ is closed to new replies.