Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Croatia Riding
  • adsbatts89
    Free Member

I’m off to Opatija, Croatia this summer for a holiday. Contemplating taking the bike. Has anybody ridden around here? I’ve done a bit of web searching and found a few little bits and bobs, can’t beat STW opinion though.
    Ta,
    Adam

RoterStern
    Free Member

I was the other side near Vrsar and took my MTB last year. Though this area doesn’t have any big mountains there were quite a few way marked MTB trails (but more MTB touring than gnar) which reminded me of the trails in Tuscanny. I think where you will be is a lot more mountainous.

scotbike
    Free Member

Croatian firefighters going for a ride from the top of Mount U?ka, this is the high point in the nature park above Opatija, google for routes there, it’s Very fine, and biking is very much encouraged there. We own a place 5 minutes south of ritzy Opatija and I know the area really well. What time of year are you going? May onwards is good, but It’s very hot and the coast road is horrible in August. Not a lot of water points either as it’s limestone.

edit: some very typical Istrian landscape here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7ijF_Iy5E

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Croatia Riding’ is closed to new replies.