Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Criticism of the NHS: What are they on about?
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

If you’ve been in the position of seeing relatives getting consistently poor care and seeing staff spending no time at all with patients because they are so busy chatting / texting etc.

I probably looked to an outsider like i was standing around chatting and texting for great chunks of today. Fact of the matter is that I had around 90 conversations about different patients with various members of my team. I also had to answer 57 phonecalls from different departments asking for advice to allow patients to be disharged. I then had to see my own caseload of 30 patients. I would have appeared to have no compassion at times, but that’s because left to their own devices someone who is recovering from a broken hip will avoid pain and will probably lie in their bed all day – they have to be pushed to do things that will cause them pain. But my view is that pain is better than being permanently bedbound and is infinitely better than death. I still love my job and I’m bloody good at it.

Drac

You monster wanmankylung, how dare you make patients do something for themselves.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Well according to one patient today it’s because I’m a sadistic ****.

chip
    Free Member

So if you are too busy making all these phone calls and talking to all these people doing all this work.

Whose grooming the badgers ready for the badger parade?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Management.

chip
    Free Member

Your management or the management are nursing the patients.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

A bit of both. All our management are highly experienced clinicians who take on a good clinical caseload. I have a fair bit of managment responsibility too.

superstar1
    Free Member

I think the NHS is excellent, particularly the way anyone from around the world can get treatment for free, even if they have paid nothing in tax and National Insurance in the UK.

The lefty liberals say that the ageing population is draining the NHS, that’s the same ageing population who have lived and worked in the UK all their lives and paid into the system through tax and NI.

But I don’t believe this bullshit for one minute.

ninfan
    Free Member

Overt politicisation?
    Using the NHS for partisan political reasons?

Is this the same Mark Drakeford?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRUusbTT8vA#t=19[/video]

chip
    Free Member

We need mass immigration to pay for all the old people who are Infact the drain on the NHS,I have heard from politicians when people question immigration putting a burden on our NHS.

And no one ever replies that sounds like the mother of all pyramid schemes,
    Which always crash and burn with disastrous consequences eventually.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We are far far too good at keeping people alive, and not good enough at sending people home to look after themselves. The problem with the NHS is that the staff care too much.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Overt politicisation?
    Using the NHS for partisan political reasons?

Is this the same Mark Drakeford?

Have actually watched your video ninfan ?

I have, and it’s the Welsh health minister speaking in support of the Welsh NHS, what the **** do you expect him to be doing ?

How does this in anyway compare with the accusation being made that the Tories are engaged in a pre-election Tory ploy to drag the reputation of the Welsh NHS through the mud for entirely partisan political purposes ?

No one is criticizing the Tory Health Secretary for speaking about the NHS, ffs, the criticism is with regards to him selectively quoting from an unpublished OED report with in the intention of rubbishing the Welsh NHS for purely party political purposes in the run up to an election.

You have a long history of clutching at straws ninfan, but you are clearly trying to hang onto one very tattered straw here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And lo, the borefest of Ernie V Ninfan V Junky’s Copy’n’paste did begin.

Nothing better to do with your lives? Perhaps you could talk about bikes or something. Go on, try it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

And lo, the borefest of Ernie V Ninfan V Junky’s Copy’n’paste did begin.

Nothing better to do with your lives? Perhaps you could talk about bikes or something. Go on, try it.

My previous post was the first one on this thread, and my grand total for today, including this one, is now three posts.

Did you want to make a comment concerning the Tories allegedly rubbishing the Welsh NHS Flashheart, or is the only point you want to make that you would prefer if the subject wasn’t discussed ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have not posted on the thread till now [ i have not read it either to be clear]

pondo

Gotta speak as you find – I think the NHS is fantastic and far different from the media portrayal. But then, that’s the media for you.

ahwiles
    Free Member

superstar1 – Member

The lefty liberals say that the ageing population is draining the NHS,

me! i’m a lefty liberal, and i don’t say daft things like that.

i say things like: ‘giving NHS money to shareholders (tories) is a crap idea’

that’s the kind of thing i would say.

dragon
    Free Member

The NHS already gives plenty of money to shareholders, after all it doesn’t make it’s own drugs, or beds, or cleaning wipes or ambulances or food etc….

Ageing populations are pushing up the cost of healthcare in the Western world, no matter how it is funded. So it needs thinking about, planning for and hard decision made. There is no easy way, but I doubt the NHS will look the same in 10-20 years down the line.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Criticism of the NHS: What are they on about?’ is closed to new replies.