Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Critical illness and life cover
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Was critical illness

Have a few hereditary issues combined with a job that is high risk for many things.

footflaps

combined with a job that is high risk for many things.

Wasn’t STW Mod by any chance? Apparently they have a really high risk of death via ritual sacrifice…..

iainc

check the small print in detail. I had 2 policies, a big work one and a small personal one. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2014 the small one paid out, but the big one didn’t… ‘preexisting undiagnosed condition’ ……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s proper shit Iain.

iainc

^^^ yeah, the big one, if it payed, would have been life changing, the small one, which did, was bike changing, so can’t really grumble 😀

More importantly, I survived and am still here, many are much less fortunate.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

‘preexisting undiagnosed condition’

Get in the sea. How on earth did they justify that?

iainc

^^^^ I had taken out the personal policy 20 yrs earlier, and the work one 2 yrs before diagnosis. Their Medical Officer’s opinion was that with hindsight on routine blood results and family history I probably had the disease for more than that 2 yr period. I tried to appeal but got nowhere.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh Iain more than a handful of folk have told me there’s more chance of getting blood out a stone than getting a pay out from a work policy based on experience and anecdotes. Probably the same insurance company.

My dad’s critical illness refused to pay out after 3 heart attacks in 6 months-they declared him fit to work prior to the 6 month period where they were due to pay out. Wasn’t fit to do his job but he was fit to work – if the job involved sitting down all day and zero walking.

So I’m a cynical **** when it comes to this

*Edited as I hear you;)

iainc

^^^^ yep, I’d say that, but won’t say too much more on an open forum…

Anyway, as I say, I am one of the lucky ones, still cancer free and not too impacted by the aftereffects of surgery, so all is good.

cheers_drive

‘m govsmacked that anyone could get to the age of 46 and two kids and not already have life cover of some sort. What do you expect/want to happen to your children if you get run over on the way to work tomorrow? Deeply irresponsible imo.

I’d agree apart from the fact I don’t have any. Up until 4 years ago I had death in service cover and as I had decided I didn’t need separate life cover. Then I was made redundant and struggled to get work so set up my own micro business. Then 2 years ago my daughter was born, tried to get life and critical cover but no one will cover me as the NHS has been investigating / waiting for surgery for Atrial Fibrillation for years.
    I worry whenever I think about it so try to put my head in the sand.

trail_rat
    Free Member

True that. Health is better than any payout.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Critical illness and life cover’ is closed to new replies.