Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cringeworthy TV moment of the year…
  • colnagokid

Im Jon he's Edward togeather we're Jon and Edward doing Britneys 'Whoops I Did It Again'!
    I know no-one on here watches the X-Factor (!) but that has to be the worse act ever!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Gay icons in those suits!

djglover
    Free Member

I thought it was brilliant, really funny 😆

paulosoxo
    Free Member

just wait for MOTD tonight,

Smudger666

lol, gay twins

hack hack hack hairball.

its just icky!

colnagokid

Paulosoxo, Im waiting! 😆

mudsux
    Free Member

They're probably backstage giving each other reach arounds.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

how would that work?

GrahamS

They really can't sing very well at all can they?

But at least their act was sort of "entertaining"

Coyote
    Free Member

Apparently Louis Walsh has been receiving threatening letters. For every week that John and Edward are in X Factor, a member of Boyzone will die…

MrNutt
    Free Member

coyote that was inspired! (whats x-factor?)

jimmy

"we're going to prove we can sing"

Failed there, too. But thats an aside to their whole act. Ugh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do we think the "voting" is squeaky clean with all the bad publicity about telephone voting last year? I can't believe Cowell leaves it "up" to the public…what's everyone else's thoughts?

Coyote
    Free Member

It's fixed. I'm convinced.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, so you have the same suspicions as me then Coyote. But, at the same time, I think maybe the regulators (Ofcom?) would be keeping a close eye on X-Factor. So how would they "fix" it?

Coyote
    Free Member

I really don't know. But I am sure that someone as shrewd, and indeed controlling, as Cowell will not leave the choice of his next meal ticket to something as whimsical as public opinion.

samuri
    Free Member

It's easy. You just encourage the artists you don't want to carry on to pick bad songs, give them bad routines. Then you tell your fellow judges that they'd better say bad things about them or they're out on their ear (unless they're louie in which case you tell him to say good things).

Don't forget, all you have to do is influence the people who phone in. And they're people who watch X factor, hardly difficult individuals (and I use that term in the loosest possible sense) to influence.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I watch it but don't vote 😯

GrahamS

Not sure he'd fix the voting entirely. After all with X-factor he basically has a perfect nation-wide focus group of people who care enough about manufactured pop that they will actually pay him to be part of it. ?

DickBarton

Or he has a team of people who do voting 24/7 for the acts he thinks are good for ratings (and therefore more votes – which cost a small forune and he creams it in)?

tails
    Free Member

I'm not so sure half the x factor winners don't succeed last years winner doing well as is that leona lewis, but i can't even name the past winners.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anyone remember the double take brothers on harry enfield??

Coyote
    Free Member

I wouldn't like to be a member of Boyzone right now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Past winners…I'm trying to think of them myself….without cheating.

Well, there was Will Young (Pop Idol, I know, but strictly speaking, more or less the same show) and whether you like him or not, he's done quite well but only since getting out from under Cowell's wing.

Then there was PopStars the rival wasn't there? Girls Aloud. Ahoy there matey!!

As for X Factor winners – there was the bloke in his thirties, can't think of his name, last seen doing weddings again. Then there was the young scottish bloke who got nowhere after his first single. And Leona, doing ok. And Alexandra Burke who has a No. 1 this week – it's shit though. And then we had the also rans – that guy Ray who could do nothing but swing. Gareth Gates (Jesus help us). JLS from last year and they're shite an' all.

Any more?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cringeworthy TV moment of the year…’ is closed to new replies.