Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • cretins – please read.
  • tthew

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the connection between severe hypothyroidism and poor grammar.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Cap'n Flash – great illustration. I liked that a lot.

All else – while we're getting these little annoyances off our chests, how about (and it's not limited to this forum alone) remaining aware of the difference between 'lose' and 'loose'?

The former can be what one does with one's virginity.

The latter is how one might become after experiencing the former – depending on where and with whom!

nonk
    Free Member

bloody teachers 🙄
    its impossible to have a conversation with most of em they just rant at you instead.

simonralli2
    Free Member

What greats with me is people who open a sentence with a [ but feel no need to close again at the end of the sentense 😀

nonk
    Free Member

i noticed that simon but i thought it might be a trick 😆

CountZero

simonfbarnes – Member
    since these distinctions are meaningless in spoken language I consider them to be spurious.

About what I'd expect. Punctuation in speech is implied by context and natural pauses. Punctuation and clear correct spelling in written English aids comprehension, particularly where confusion can occur due to the different meanings of words with similar spellings. If confusion is caused by a reader not being clear on the point you are trying to make, then you might as well not try making the point at all.

Merlinman

Simon Ralli – Member

What greats with me is people who open a sentence with a [ but feel no need to close again at the end of the sentense

Covering your options here Simon? 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Nonk, I'll let you off but I for one spell I with a captial I too! Alpin – you cretin!!!!

alpin
    Free Member

wahey! thanks mr ralli

n.b. note small 'r'.

i'll usually let Open Office take care of capitalisation for me.

p.s. si, it's 'a'.

🙂

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

And hear endeth the lesson … or is that 'thare'? :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘cretins – please read.’ is closed to new replies.