Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Crete last month
  • BillyBull
    Free Member
    BillyBull
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Trails look really gravelly. Cracking views.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Top you can see is 2,453m, but I didn’t make it due to snow. Did get over 2,000m though.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Was it guided or a diy trip? I’ve been to Crete before but without the bike.

Whereabouts did you go?

BillyBull
    Free Member

Nope organised it myself. I stayed in a place called Loutro. Google it. Fantastic place and no roads. It’s in Sfakia. Ride was up in the White Mountains.

jad
    Free Member

I’ve been up Psiloritis a few times but would be interested to know which route you took. We stayed at Agia Galini and headed up from Fourfouras and was mainly forest track all the way up. We scrambled the last couple of thousand feet over the scree to get to the top.

There looks like there are various options but we always struggled with rubbish maps (this was pre Google Earth).

BillyBull
    Free Member

This was Pahnes or Pachnes. Psiloritis is about 10 meters higher and in the Ida range I think. As for Pahnes when the forest track finishes you follow the path marked with red dots until you come to the sign post for Pahnes. From there the footpath it worn enough to follow up. It is also supposed to be doable coming in from the Killergi but I haven’t ridden from there.

Walk wise I can recommend Gingilos. It starts near the entrance to the Samaria gorge. Great mountain walk.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Crete last month’ is closed to new replies.