Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cree xm-l. Smaller than an MCE or P7
  • benz
    Free Member

Having just received a torch with supposedly an xm-l, surprise to see the led is smaller than mce or p7. However, it throws a helluva distance!

Are they small in comparison to the other 2?

Troutie – still awaiting my Lumi HID can….reckon might work with a triple xm-l….

trout
    Free Member

Yes the led is larger than an xpg and smaller than a P7 /mce

if the hid is MR11 then a triple XML is doable but not with a hope 7.4 volt battery .
    would need a 14.8 volt job

benz
    Free Member

Trout,

Thanks.

Yep HID can is 35mm, I have 2 types of robust heatsinks machined, a bflex and also 14.8v…..

This combo work?

Speshpaul

“Troutie – still awaiting my Lumi”

Yeap theres a bit of pattern forming here, was promised last friday, no LED kit, no response to emails,

Probably waiting for the clocks to go back.

Paul

trout
    Free Member

Speshpaul

ok yes I did say I would send out the replacement before I got the dead one back Sorry about that .

got your dead one back on friday to find the led module is fine but the driver is cooked and had no heatsinking at all .
    BCT s drivers need to be heatsunk to stop the driver from overheating .

I will send your module back with a replacement driver but please when you build it make sure it has some heatsinking as I will not replace it again .

and the otherones you have done I suggest you make sure the drivers are heatsunk too or they will fail somtime in the future

Speshpaul

Chris
    Funny you’ve not mentioned heat sinking the the drivers before! Nothing in the instructions you said you were going to send

You’ve supplied me with to different types of driver does this apply to both?

If i’m a fault i’m more than happy to pay for the replacement driver.

Speshpaul

To be fair i was pee’d off but out of order there. That was ott.
    Paul

dreednya

if the hid is MR11 then a triple XML is doable but not with a hope 7.4 volt battery .
    would need a 14.8 volt job

Hi trout, how are you getting on with my Hope HID? Was wondering whether you might fit some XMLs in there, but looks like you can’t 🙁

trout
    Free Member

No Worries Paul
    tested and working stuff is boxed and ready to post in the morning with an instruction leaflet 😳

Was thinking about how to slot 2 xmls in the hope and a lupine halogen I am doing
    was going to be on with them both today but is is such a blue sky and nice the dales called me out on the bike

dreednya

No problems, two XMLs sounds wicked 🙂 . and you are right it is much too nice a day to be fiddling around in a shed when there are dry’ish trails to be ridden :o)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cree xm-l. Smaller than an MCE or P7’ is closed to new replies.