Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Credit where it's due – dmr/upgrade bikes
  • stevede
    Free Member

Thought I’d post a thread with a tale of good service rather than the usual moaning about bad service. I’ve got a set of dmr vaults, awesome pedals, absolutely love em, thing is after a massive impact with some rocks I managed to bend the pedal body, gutted but 100% user error, last week I gave dmr a shout to see if there was any possibility I could buy a new pedal body, I was up front about what I’d done and certainly wasn’t asking for favours. I had an email back shortly afterwards from the warranty dept at upgrade bikes saying that they were unable to sell me a pedal body but if I let them know which side I’d damaged he’d have a scout around and see what he could do. Another email after the weekend last week from them saying they’d found me a pedal, was even the same colour, had an axle and just needed a few pins and an end cap fitting – and he was sending it to me free of charge. It arrived the following day and is practically new. Cracking service, hopefully the biscuits I’ve posted out are still in one piece when they arrive today – went ott on the bubble wrap 🙂
    Anyone else got any positive customer service they want to share? Obviously Hope are great at backing up their sometimes questionable products…..

RustyMac

I have had a number of helpful emails from upgrade bikes over a press fit 92 BB for my alu pivot fame. Always really quick to reply as well.

milko9000
    Free Member

When I got my SB-66 they were rare as hen’s teeth it seemed, big old waiting list. At some point during my wait the distributor changed as well, Silverfish took it over. Apparently they weren’t given any info from the old distro and had to contact all the dealers to make a new one. Since I was getting my frame through insurance via Wheelies, not an official dealer, my order dropped through the gaps and by the time I persuaded Wheelies to get into gear and chase it, it went from “due any day now” to “another three months” as it was at the back of the line again. I was a bit miffed! Anyway, Yeti’s John P got in touch with Silverfish just to see if they could help and then a guy from Silverfish dropped me a line to say they were taking the frame reserved for their MD and sending it me instead. Just before xmas too. So both Yeti and Silverfish were winners for me there.

razorrazoo

Renthal – I’d got hold of a second hand duo stem on here which was missing a bolt (I knew this before buying). Emailed Renthal to check size so I could source a new one and was promptly sent a complete bolt set, some stickers and fitting instructions. Just bought a new Renthal bar and stem as was realy happy with customer service and the item quality.

Hope – again a second hand part, cracked a stem faceplate and this was replaced no questions asked by Hope on return of the broken part. Again I’d emailed to ask about the cost of a replacement rather than after freebies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Credit where it's due – dmr/upgrade bikes’ is closed to new replies.