• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by accu.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Creaky Ragley seat-tube – fixes
  • ajt123
    Free Member

The creaking from the seat-tube/qr is getting me down.

I’ve always had issues – instead of making it a sensible standard size it they are non-standard with a shallow shim on the outside [Damn you Brant].

I’ve used finish line carbon assembly paste, swapped to a hope qr, greased the surfaces of the shim and qr, checked the bolts on the saddle. No joy.

It is a clicking sound. Much worse when seat-post at ride height extension. If lower, not an issue. I have a lay-back post which probably adds more leverage to it. It clicks on forward=backward movements – say getting up out of the saddle and sitting back down.

Any thoughts?

rone

I had a Ragley Td1 that did this.

Best I could do was to buy a chunky salsa collar, tighten up with bolt then squeeze lever over.

Maybe used a bit of coppergrease too. Risky cranking it as much as I did.

The creak/tick eventually came back. Rinse and repeat.

saracendan

Carbo grip spray cured all the creaks on my niner sir 9 (and trust me there were a lot!)

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Usually seat coller area.
    I found the Hope q/r made it worse!
    Maybe try a different post with a standard bolt up seat coller.
    I found the Thomson coller very good as creates less stress.
    Also grease round top of seattube under coller and a good dose of carbon paste inside seattube.
    Thanks,
    Max

timba
    Free Member

Double bolt seat clamp?

brant
    Free Member

Thomson post?

Lummox

I had a head come loose on my ragley post, didn’t come off but spun on the top. Possibly the source of creaking my? Shame as it was a nice price and nice post

accu
    Free Member

had the same problem some time ago (on the second frame..) and solved it with a customized salsa clamp…
    (put it on the lathe and machined it to the right size..)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Creaky Ragley seat-tube – fixes’ is closed to new replies.