Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Creaky PF GXP BB
  • Dogsby

Is there an easy solution to this? I have had the BB changed and there is a creaky click as I put power down on the drive side.

I am thinking about a Praxis converter so would be interested if anyone has used one.

Any help very much appreciated as this is driving me ever so slightly mad!!

Dogsby

deadkenny
    Free Member

PF is the problem. New frame or getting a threaded shell (or can the existing shell get a thread cut in it?), would be the ideal solution.

But that said, not looked a the Praxis thing before but looking at it now, it sounds like a plausible solution. Still press fit one side but thread the other into it and supposedly better they claim, if I understand it right.

https://www.praxiscycles.com/conversion-bb/

Might recommend it to some of my creaking friends.

Dogsby

Cheers DK,

I get the impression that this is a common PF issue. About to dismantle the crankset and grease and lock tight everything to see if that helps.

Next option is either the Praxis or the Hope PF BB with GXP adapter. I’ll let you know how I get on!

Dogsby

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I have a praxis gxp converter in mine…. it’s just starated creaking after about 800 miles… I went praxis after trying a hope bb… that creaked after 1 ride.

The cheapest sram bb was quietest for longest….

I’m at my wits end with pf creakiness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Creaky PF GXP BB’ is closed to new replies.