Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creaky C456 Seatpost Problem
  • variflex
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.
    I have a 6 month old C456 (18″) and a reverb seatpost.
    Now admittedly its just been rebuilt and my LBD didnt have the right size Hope Seatpost clamp so they have loaned me a very skinny temporary clamp.

Anyway, last night whilst enjoying a rain free dry evening run, I could be heard from about half a mile due to the creaking the seatpost was making. I tried lubing, increasing and decreasing tightness, but not with much luck.

Checked frame for any cracks and cant see any, just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem, and I guess whether a thicker seatpost will help when it arrives?

honourablegeorge

Try carbon assembly paste, as opposed to grease.

cp

as above, carbon assembly paste between seat tube and seat post.

I use this stuff – it’s great

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=226

wwaswas

you sure it’s the seatpost/seattube interface creaking?

my c456 amplified every noise 10 fold. The slightest squeak ended up sounding like Animal from the Muppets was going mental inside the frame.

Maybe try a different seatpost to confirm it’s not the reverb makign the noise and the frame just pickign it up?

variflex
    Free Member

you sure it’s the seatpost/seattube interface creaking?

my c456 amplified every noise 10 fold. The slightest squeak ended up sounding like Animal from the Muppets was going mental inside the frame.

Maybe try a different seatpost to confirm it’s not the reverb makign the noise and the frame just pickign it up?

Good point. Will try carbon paste and a different seatpost.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creaky C456 Seatpost Problem’ is closed to new replies.