Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creaking Thomson Seatpost????
  • billyboy
    Free Member

Has anyone else experienced clicking/clacking noise from a Thomson Seatpost saddle clamp?

I took the saddle clamp assembly apart, thoroughly cleaned it, greased it, put it back together…… and I’m getting the same noise.

I cleaned it all off again but used carbon paste…. and I’m still getting the same thing.

I’ve swapped out two other saddles that were not creaking on other seatposts and they do here, so I’m pretty sure it is the assembly. It doesn’t make the noise when you are out of the saddle, and I’m pretty sure it isn’t the seatpost/ seat tube interface.

Anyone know the solution?

I’m going to try cleaning it off and reassembling totaly dry tomorrow.

Wookster

Mine does this sometimes but I find greasing the post inside the frame and tightening the seat clamp bolts help a lot.

boxfish
    Free Member

I have found that ensuring both seat clamp bolts are torqued to roughly the same amount helps prevent the creak from reappearing.

lucien

Yep – thought it was just me

I’ve found undoing the rail clamp slightly has helped in the past, but then it starts again so I do it up, then it starts again, so then I undo it a bit and it stops for a bit and then starts again…………………………………………………………………………………………………..arghhhhhhhhhh 😯

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Yup me too. Although I’ve also had the same thing with other posts. A quick clean in all the usual areas was all that was needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creaking Thomson Seatpost????’ is closed to new replies.