Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • CRC private sale?
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Sorry if its been done, but how private is this sale exactly? Got the email inviting me to the sale from the 27th, but is this just me along with just 5 million other people who’ve spent more than a tenner in the last year?

cp

ive not had the invite and my log in doesn’t work on the current sale @ http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/privatesale, so no it’s not everyone who’s invited. I’ve spent with them in the last year several times. Was ‘invited’ to the last sale but not this one…

tang
    Free Member

I’m sure its like any sale, just a gimmick to get us on the site with a twitchy finger on the buy button. The anticipation of bargains might have some primed and ready for a sale. See you there…..

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

No invite here .. And I’ve spent about 500 quid with them over the last 6 weeks!

👿

WackoAK
    Free Member

Was not invited to the last one but just got an email about the upcoming one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I got invited to the last one but not this one. My log in doesn’t work. Can’t help but wonder if there will be any stuff in this one that I didn’t see in the last one.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i got invited to this one… wonder if they’ll have wheels on offer ❓

scaredypants

never been invited to a special sale 🙁 , despite racking up a fair sized bill over many years and frequent repeat visits. I suppose I was a fairly “loyal” customer. They were fast, reliable and pretty close to the best price on most stuff.

WAS, and WERE, they’re just in the pot with all the rest now – competing on price alone

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Thought it may be the folk (like me) who got fleeced in the credit card scam. I’ve spent hundreds there over the years but since that nothing except to use the £30 voucher but that purchase cost me the grand total of 38p.

Dark-Side

Was invited last time, and spent money. No invite this time around though.

Wibble89
    Free Member

Well it’s not all that private, looks like they are pretty much inviting all their users. Instead of inviting everyone at once which would cause a massive rush in the warehouse, and everyone on STW complaining about slow processing and delivery times, they are inviting smaller groups one at a time so they can keep up with demand.

That’s my interpretation of it anyway.

bol

Pah. No invite for me this time. Probably a good thing.

uplink
    Free Member

They left me out this time

Probably because I went to Merlin for new brakes 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

I got invited to the last one. I’m not particularly upset that I didn’t get invited to this one.

granny_ring

Just seen my invite too. Will see if buy more stuff that I don’t need/use….

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

will be interested to learn if there is anything different in this one, last one was a bit of a letdown to tell the truth although I did pick up a reasonably priced headset

lipseal
    Free Member

You didn’t miss much in the first one.

Northwind

You’re second best 😉 Last one had some good stuff- nearly dropped a grand on a Ragley ti 😯 and did get some maxxis downhill tubes and other bits and bobs. They had some ice tyres for £20 which I regret not buying too.

highclimber
    Free Member

just got my invite.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

So no-one got invited to both sales I take it?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Got invited, had not been scammed. Couldn’t see much exciting.

roblane65
    Free Member

I think they just split the entire customer base in two and have two sales !!!.What was surprising though was the amount of sale items out of stock,but when you went on the crc normal site they seemed to have stock at the pre sale price .

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Can’t help but wonder if there will be any stuff in this one that I didn’t see in the last one.

Probably not. Most of the stuff looks like they’ll have had it in the warehouse for at least four years.

epicyclo

Didn’t get an invite for this one.

Just as well, I’m too poor after the last one.

Frame arrived today. 🙂

granny_ring

How does this work then?
    The email says from today until the 29th but I’ve logged on and there’s nothing different as far as I can see?

WackoAK
    Free Member

Sale starts at 12.

granny_ring

Oh righto cheers!

Crell
    Free Member

I’ve been using Paypal recently with all the payment problems, so wondered if that was the reason why I wasn’t getting an invite? Otherwise if “selection” is based on the amount you spend there or stuff left hanging in your basket, I’d have thought I’d be in with a chance! (my postman can vouch for that).

epicyclo

I use PayPal for all on-line transactions.

So what bargains are on this sale? Are the Ragley frames going cheap?

MSP

I suspect its an experiment in data mining, trying to match special offers to past purchasing history. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have individual offers for the specific user loggon as well as more general offers for all.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

saw the list from a mate last time, looks like it’s a rolling sale programme – last chance when it’s gone it gone etc roll on next group

granny_ring

Well, it’s past midday and I’ve logged on and still cant see anything different to normal…..

Am I missing something?

sniff
    Free Member

granny_ring – you’ve got to click on the dodgy looking email and login that way rather than the usual site. Looks suspect to me but hopefully it’s not a scam……

iain1775
    Free Member

No invite to first sale, thought maybe because I started the whole cc scam thread they had ‘marked’ my email address but just been invited to this one and spent about £70 on a cane creek headset (£30 from £140 or something), some shorts and liners and a seat qr in an old 28mm size that I’ve not been able to find elsewhere Apart from qr I didn’t need any of it but it will be useful at some point. Paid with paypal as always, credit card has probably been compromised by Sony anyway!
    Contemplated stocking up on chains and cassettes but they are similar price already at merlin and cheaper at Rose

lcj

I never get these emails from CRC despite dropping a fair wedge of cash with them over the years. Similarly my stuff is never dispatched the same day, no matter how early I order it. I think my email must be blacklisted!

Must try opening a new account to see if that changes things

granny_ring

cheers sniff I’ll try that

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘CRC private sale?’ is closed to new replies.